Not an A body but I have a Volare question

-

hemichuck

Reaction score
i have a chance to buy this 76 Volare wagon that's already set up for a small block and automatic. I was wondering how hard it is to change it over to a 4 speed? I've done A,B, and E bodies but never a Volare. I already have the blowproof, A body 833, Centerforce clutch, and a Hurst Super Shifter 3. Besides changing the pedals and floor hump is it a bolt in deal like A bodies or is there welding involved like on B and E bodies? Also, does anyone have a grill for one of these?

Non of the after market guys have the pedal set up, I might have an extra one, everything is you can buy from passon or brewers except the floor hump, which isn't to bad
on my heavy metal hell raiser thread on forfmjbodies.com (under the f body general discussion) there are some picks of the pedal assembly and floor hump install. these cars cab be bought cheap- it might be best to look for a wagon with the set up in it already, they are out there.

I know the wagon is no different than the 4 door, both have 112 wheelbase. The floor humps not a problem since the floor is rusty anyway and I'm using a super shifter that you have to modify the hump for anyway. So pedals are one of the parts I need to aim for? What are you asking on yours? This wagon is an original small block car and it comes with headers,exhaust,a line lock, and a 3.55 posi ina 9.25 rear. He only wants $400. It would be a good cheap toy.

Yup. Pedals are the biggest thing. If someone has a set up for grabs jump on them

Send Jimacuda a PM. He deconstructs these cars for parts and may have some insight

Hey Greymouser7 if you have some of those pedals let me know.
I am looking, the wife "cleans up" my stuff when I am deployed so some things are hard to find, and I helped a guy out ( that lived with me/get back on his feet) he stole a bunch of stuff (like W2 heads & rockers) so I am digging a bunch. Give me a couple of days. :)

There was a guy that ran around here in the 80's that had a 77 Volare wagon with a 360 4 speed that used to embarrass the Z-28's back then....

Yeah, a buddy of mine had a small block 4 speed Volare Wagon he used to street race, no cage or anything and it just looked like a beater. It would carry the front wheels for the first 50 feet or so.

I got another story for you guys...

One year I was hanging with Hal at the Mopar Nats (the guy with the 77 360 4 speed volare wagon that I posted about earlier), as were walking and talking checking out the cars, he had to excuse himself from our conversation to go ask a guy, "How did you do this??? I've been told that it's impossible..."

He had noticed that someone put a 440 in a Volare/Aspen and had to check it out.... I think it was an automatic trans in this one...

So a big block will fit in there also...

Yeah, back then we were still working on the 60's hot rodder mentality where you just take your welder and make things work. I had a buddy who at 16 dropped a 392 Hemi in a Falcon with a straight axle.

I am looking, the wife "cleans up" my stuff when I am deployed so some things are hard to find, and I helped a guy out ( that lived with me/get back on his feet) he stole a bunch of stuff (like W2 heads & rockers) so I am digging a bunch. Give me a couple of days. :)
My wife doesnt "touch" my car stuff. That would end in divorce court. I told her she can do whatever she wants with it after i'm dead.

My wife doesnt "touch" my car stuff. That would end in divorce court. I told her she can do whatever she wants with it after i'm dead.
Actually the wife is VERY good 99% of the time, but does move stuff. To understand her side, I get about 1/4 or less the free time to work on my cars because I am underwater for about 100 days out of the year, working 16 hour+ days 70 days a year (35X2), and then when the boat leaves with the other crew, working till 5pm weekdays.
When i buy 4 wheels on craigslist, & then leave them in the living room for a few days, I am the one causing problems, not her. I take full responsibility, I just don't have allot of time.

image.jpg

I think that there is one more besides a truck pedal assembly rusting outside.
Respectfully request assistance identifying these two from the seasoned experts. Thank you

Back when I first met my wife I had been a bachelor for 30 years so my house was full of car parts. I came home from work one day and she had set a Magnesium Hemi Cross Ram with carbs and a complete 71-440 six pack set up out in the driveway behind the house. I couldn't really get mad but we had a long conversation about what the value of certain parts was.

Back when I first met my wife I had been a bachelor for 30 years so my house was full of car parts. I came home from work one day and she had set a Magnesium Hemi Cross Ram with carbs and a complete 71-440 six pack set up out in the driveway behind the house. I couldn't really get mad but we had a long conversation about what the value of certain parts was.
kinda the same, 31 year old bachelor with a house FULL of car parts, just ask @RustyRatRod when he came to help once

-
Back