not an a body but still a dodge more or less

-

macho781988

your resident horses a$$
Reaction score
99 2.4 stratus, thing will not heat up, heater blows out cold air, blew radiator out multiple times, temp only gets up to 184 so it doesnt even get hot. even in 50 degree weather. im about to pull my hair out right after i run this pos over with my power wagon and take a chainsaw to it. any ideas or is it doomed for my monster truck fantasy?

btw changed t stat multiple times, cant get to bottom radiator hose, let it get to temp with cap off, blew out block, radiator and top heater core hose woth garden hose

Hard to imagine you would have to pull the motor to get at the heater hoses. My 96 Voyager has a 2.4L and I replaced the heater hoses easily. They were a bit confusing at first since a metal tube w/ rubber hose crimped on, so I thought you buy that as an assembly (couldn't find PN). Then I figured the crimps just replaced hose clamps so snipped them off. If like my Voyager, the heater core is fairly simple to replace. It slides out a plastic door by the driver's right foot. You just need to unbolt the steering column to get it out.

If you hate your cloud car so much, you should sell it and happily pay the gas price to drive your big truck. I don't mind driving a minivan, since sure of my manhood. Indeed, when feeling real tough, I bike 12 miles to work.

Heater core
Unhook both the heater hoses at the motor and flush it out both ways until clean water runs thru it.

I froze my *** off one winter in a slant six car, only to have it overheat in the spring.
The blades had rusted off the impellers on the water pump and it was moving no water.

while funny, does the manhood comment really need to be brought into play? i only like my car when i dont have to work on it or spend money on it other than gas and normal stuff, if my water pump goes out the whole motor goes out, and trust me unless theres a way to get to them from the back it looks liek id have to take the head off this 2.4 to get to those hoses since someone thought it was a great idea to shove part of the motor under the dash like the newer ford trucks, and ive tried getting to my bottom heater core hose, but i cant, my fat arm cant fit thru the intake runners, so it looks like ill have to really tear into this thing to get anywhere unfortunatly. tire comes off, the bumper comes back off, the radiator, the top radiator hose, the list goes on and on. its just a pita car and poorly designed.

Had a problem like this with my Durango this past fall. Took it to my mech. He un-did the heater hoses and back flushed the core with air pressure. Blew the crap right out of the core after a very short time. Heater works great now. Hope this helps you some. Worth a try if you can do it and a hell of a lot less work. Good Luck

-
Back