Not an A body, but what do you think of my buddy's creativity?

-
Here's a couple more pics.

Attachments

• Photo Feb 26, 11 42 00 AM (1000x563).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Photo Feb 26, 11 42 20 AM (1000x563).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 160
I think the patina with the super glossy clear coat is a little weird.
If I was going to do something like that, I think a satin finish clear would look better.
But at least they did something different, and saved the car.

Let them hook up the PCV system properly to prevent white sludgy engine oil.

As a fellow '64 Chrysler owner I like the fact to see someone putting some money into these cars, eventhough the can hardly get their money back when it's time to sell.
And it's even a '63 Newport, which were considered the ugly 'plucked chickens' of the Chrysler-line at the time.

I tried selling my '64 NewYorker for a few years here but no-one wants these cars as a project so it still sits.
Has been sitting so long already I'm starting to consider to part it out and use the suspension parts on another project. But would be a shame for the rustfree sheetmetal.

AUT16301.jpg

Pretty cool in my book but a flat clearcoat might have been better in my eyes.

Steve

I never have or ever will like the patina look. Just seems lazy to me. I like the car though. Its different.

Not sure how 'creative' it is to clear over a turd paint job, but to each his own. I'd have rocked satin, it ain't my bit*h.

And that's not "creative?" So much satin black lately it makes me sick.......what the OP did is way more creative than spray-bombing a car black............makes me think of rat-rods

I definitely wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers out there. The car was painted from the chrome molding down. They weren't trying to cover anything up or do less work by clearing the patina, they were just thinking outside of the box. This is the first time they've tried something like this, if it doesn't sell, they'll know not to duplicate it. You'll definitely not go to another cruise in or car show and see another one ... at least not around here.

Screw the haters, I love it! Good work and the ride looks sweet, way to preserve the factory paint and patina all at the same time :happy1:

Wheels are hideous, otherwise cool.

What's with the "Mexican blanket on LSD" upholstery?

-
Back