Not an A-body

-

Moparguy45

Reaction score
I know its not an a-body but do to hard economic times i wasnt able to get the 65 cuda i was trying for. I still had my first mopar that i had not done much with in a couple years, so i decided i would try and fix it up and redo the drivetrain. It is a 80 volare duster with a 360/727 and 8 1/4 3.23 sure grip. The car is very lightly optioned with auto trans, power steering and electric grid rear window defroster being the only options. The body isn't as bad as most f-bodies but it does need some body work. Im not a bodyman so I was a little nervious about doing body work but decided there is no time like the present to learn how. Dont really know what i want to do for an engine yet. Its between trying to build a 408 stroker or use a 400 bb and do something with it. I have the 727 filled with crt rebuild kit and reverse manual valve body. The sure grip currently in the car is starting to let go so i have bought an 8 3/4 housing with axles, but no pig yet. Just trying to get a feel if this worth putting money into.
The car i paid $250 for when first brang it home.
VolareBeginings1.jpg

VolareBeginings2.jpg

And now days
MyVolaresSide-1.jpg

TheVolares360-1.jpg

So i have been banging away at it and this is what i have got so far. Still have alot of work ahead of me but for this being the first time doing body work i dont think im doing to bad. Any advise or suggestions you guys have for me feel free to send my way.

Volare11-22-091.jpg

Volare11-22-094.jpg

Volare11-22-092.jpg

Volare11-22-093.jpg

Volare11-22-096.jpg

Volare11-8-094.jpg

Looks like it's coming along. As for advise on body work, you might want to post more specific questions in the body forum when you have 'em. Would be happy to help out if I know what you need. We also have a few more professional body guys on here who would be more than willing to make suggestions.
Just a question from the first few pics. Are the rear wheels you have on it Super Coupes or Cop?

They are cop wheels. Trying to find real super coupe rims is really turning out to be a hard find along with a 80 f-body rear bumper.

Nice project ! I think the F-bodys are kinda honorary A-bodys .Since they sort-of took the place of A-bodys didn't they ? Anyways awesome potential there .8)Keep us updated on your progress.

-
Back