Not an Abody but??????????????

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
I have a buddy whom I have known a long time and about 7 years ago his wife who was a coworker of mine informed me of this car being up for sale. Long story but it never happened. My older brother has been kicking this one around for a few years and is considering buying it. Its a 68 Coronet R/T. Non numbers 440/auto. Same owner for the past 17 years. I took a few pics (not very good camera phone ones) for you to see. Is this car worth getting if the price is right??
Chas.

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

If the price was fair and i had the money I would get it in a heartbeat and not think twice about it. I personally love the 68-70 b bodies

Grab it if you can!!! Reminds me of my old '68 Super Bee. Love that body style.

One question..... shouldn't a real R/T have a ralley dash?

Wylde1.

That's the correct dash for an Coronet R/T, the Superbees had the so called "Charger" Rallye dash for 68. If the price is right go for it but check everything underneath first.

Even if the price was wrong, I'd still want it!

Thanks for the replies guys. I put this in my brothers hands as of now. The car has been garaged for many years. Bad gas and all and we had it running on its own power. There was no spark at first. I took a looksee in the distributor and saw the points were covered in white crud on the contacts. Took a nail file and gave them (there were two sets of points) the once over and she is now a 'runner'. AVS 4bbl carb, dual point dist with no advance cone, stock exhaust manifolds with duals, 8 3/4 rear, 4 wheel manual drum brakes, lots of recent front end components. No underside rust found as of yet. Frame rails, torsion crossmember, floor pans all were solid. The car was undercoated! Center of trunk maybe a tad weak, not sure as I did not get a good look? Engine was rebuilt and has low miles. Only rust found was some starting at one bottom corner of the rear window hence the top being peeled away. Solid dutcman panel. Funny thing is the fender tags last six numbers dont match the vin. I was told this was the norm until 69. The tag was a trim number or something like that. Vin and title match up and the car was titled by the p/o. Brakes are a little funky but its expected. All in all a solid car.
Chas.

No vin on the fender tag is correct, should be the bild number. Vin should be on the radiator support and trunk lip.

-
Back