Not Another 1966 Valiant Signet

-

SSVDP

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I couldn't help myself and bought this '66 Valiant Signet (Hi my name is Rich and I have a problem - I keep buying '66 Valiants...). It was originally a 273-2bbl but it now has an new 4-bbl with "commando" valve covers and it sounds very healthy thru it's dual exhaust. I like that it has air conditioning although it isn't functioning right now. I know it's a bit of a rust bucket that was patched up a long time ago and it is coming apart a bit but it seems solid and straight. Yes it has some needs; the headliner and front seat need attention and I could list a number of other issues that I'll need to get to. Also, I' d like to put some stock wheel covers on it. Anyway here's the pics...

This pic doesn't really show the body filler coming off of the rear wheel opening. Like a lot of '66 Signets that are painted the side moldings are gone and the lower portion isn't painted the Argent silver.
MVC-009F-11.jpg

The air cleaner needs some chrome or at least a Commando" sticker.
MVC-012F-10.jpg

Yep needs a headliner
MVC-004F-14.jpg

Has classic A-body fender rust
MVC-010F-8.jpg

Looks nice in this pic but the trim is over 45 years old and it shows when seen up close.
MVC-011F-15.jpg

Don't see a problem with your problem..:cheers:

Congratulations :cheers:
I love these 66 Valiant's, the first year for the body & chassis change and the last year for it, one of the one year only mopar's :happy2:
Looking forward to your restoration thread :happy2:

I have the two fish and a Signet! I tried to buy a vert, but inquired too late. I'm considering selling a fish to look for a 4 door 200, vert or wagon. Would like to have all 5 if I live long enough!!!!! I guess I GOT THE FEVER!!!!!

I have the two fish and a Signet! I tried to buy a vert, but inquired too late. I'm considering selling a fish to look for a 4 door 200, vert or wagon. Would like to have all 5 if I live long enough!!!!! I guess I GOT THE FEVER!!!!!
That would be Dodge Fever. Plymouth wins you over.:cheers:

Nice find Rich, looks like you finally got that sedan you've been looking for!!! Enjoy that little puppy!! Geof

The 66 ain't my favorite year for the Valiant by a LONG shot. I've always thought they were ugly.....but that's a nice little car. You gotta lot to work with there.

I love em all,and have a 63 Signet, but the 65 is my favorite because all the details are just right. They fixed all the things that bugged me about the initial design: the hairpin on the front fender goes horizontal, taillights with the round back ups look like jewelry,the grille is well done, different but honest. The whole thing is cohesive in a way the 63 never was.

Feel the same way about the 65 Dart but for the opposite reasons: the 63 Dart is my favorite of those years and the 65 is the fussy one, yet it all works for some reason.

The crisp 66s follow Chrysler's general styling direction of those years, so it's logical Valiant would go that way too. And it never goes out of style !

This is a beautiful car and it's in solid shape, SSDVP. Lots of good days together I hope.

I like the 64-66 cuda/valient my favorite is 66 but i like the 64/65 front grill/headlites better, but i still love my cuda just the same would love to find a valient 2 door for a driver [when finances permit].

I hate to admit that I haven't been able to do anything with the Signet yet. I did make sure it started the other day but with the rain and other stuff going on just haven't spent any time on it.

Love the pics of your car.

Yes the '66 Valiant Signet (hardtops) are difficult to find. Even back in the day they were seldom seen. My dad bought a used '66 Signet that was about 7 years old and it was in like new condition, I don't remember ever seeing another '66 Signet until the internet came along.

Nice ride dude...yeah, that front fender rust sucks...pretty sure mine has some filler in the driver's side. :( that the p/o didn't tell me about.
Yeah, all my buds at work like to remind me that it's ugly and a grandma car...they won't be laughin when it gets a stroked 6.1 to 426 and a Kenne Bell supercharger :)

-
Back