Not cranking over but will with relay but now no spark

-
Looking in a wire diagram and trien to trace wires not seeing anything bad along the way..also wierd thing that happened first time I started and it stalled after fixing the wires the horn went off and stayed on (but sounded weak ) until I removed battery terminal..but didn't do it again after it did it once??

Looking in a wire diagram and trien to trace wires not seeing anything bad along the way..also wierd thing that happened first time I started and it stalled after fixing the wires the horn went off and stayed on (but sounded weak ) until I removed battery terminal..but didn't do it again after it did it once??
Also started after I did. The ground s. And chked few things and it's charging at 16 + v at idel

You MAY have some wire conductors cross-welded within the harness if it has been heated. Look for "fried looking" LOL or smelly areas of the harness. Unwrap in various places and look for damaged insulation from heat

O
You MAY have some wire conductors cross-welded within the harness if it has been heated. Look for "fried looking" LOL or smelly areas of the harness. Unwrap in various places and look for damaged insulation from heat
K I checked around the harness and didn't see anything else stiff besides where I replaced..but I will start opening everything I see going to everywhere to find the problem.. sucks when it's somewhere in the harness and not a defective part..I think due to age I'm going to get bunch of wire and start putting new on each component as I go!!.. thanks again for your help..your comments and previous stuff I've saw looking on internet is very helpful..

Ok update... Fixed a ll wires and grounds ..put new VR and it's charging at 14.5 ish...no wires got hot looking good...let it warm up and the radiator started pissing out the cap..not even into the overflow...so will be getting new cap tomorrow and see how it goes..thanks everyone for your help!!!

Great!! Sounds like you've made some progress. "It's always som'thin" LOL

-
Back