Not Mine--- 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 - $22900

-

'Cuda_ragtop

Woulda, Shoulda, 'Cuda!
Reaction score
Nice looking numbers matching 340 Dart Swinger
Not mine. If it was, I would have posted more than 2 pictures...
1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340
00707_kX6AsFJ7r7O_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_eJKrp3cHGgk_1200x900.jpg

I know the car and the owner .
Very nice car !!!

72? Duster seats
Yeah it doesn't look like "Stock Swinger" interior, I am not too familiar with the interior options though.

When I see a Swinger 340, I am usually looking for Rally dash, Bench seat, Four speed, that plain standard black interior and upholstery. While I like that white interior, I agree it looks like its from a later car to me also. Notice the rear seat matches with the gray or silver vertical pleats or inlays. Could be replacement seat covers also. The door panels don't look like stock 340 Swinger either if I am recalling correctly.

The door panels don't look like stock 340 Swinger either if I am recalling correctly.

That's the first thing I noticed as well...but I like them.
Does anyone know if they are a stock Mopar pattern? From what A-Body? And where did they come from?

That's the first thing I noticed as well...but I like them.
Does anyone know if they are a stock Mopar pattern? From what A-Body? And where did they come from?
That interior is from a 1972 Plymouth Duster...

72_Valiant_Duster interior.jpg

00z0z_ejkrp3chggk_1200x900-jpg.jpg

The '72 Demon had the same seats but different door panels.

That interior is from a 1972 Plymouth Duster...

Thanks, Ddaddy! My '69 Dart build is not a 'factory resto' project and this pattern will complement the body styling and features well.
Every style feature on a '69 Dart is rectangular...and the narrow band between the front window crank and door handle is very similar to the '69 Dart style rear butt stripe.

Thanks, Ddaddy! My '69 Dart build is not a 'factory resto' project and this pattern will complement the body styling and features well.
Every style feature on a '69 Dart is rectangular...and the narrow band between the front window crank and door handle is very similar to the '69 Dart style rear butt stripe.
It is indeed. My '69 GTS has a similar sort of band in that location on the original door panels. That '72 panel will work well on the car.

6 Front seats.jpg

Another interesting thing about the car for sale is that it doesn't have rear armrests...

00z0z_ejkrp3chggk_1200x900-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, there are no armrests for the rear. I beleive my 70 swinger has ash trays in the rear armrests. (my interior is out right now, I am going on memory)Back in the days when smoking was "popular" .

Now that you mention it, there are no armrests for the rear. I beleive my 70 swinger has ash trays in the rear armrests. (my interior is out right now, I am going on memory)Back in the days when smoking was "popular" .

You're correct...the rear armrests did have ashtrays back then.
When I bought my current '69 Dart project, the PO had put ashtrays in the front armrests. I don't know what his plan was, but the only smoking I plan to do with the car when it's finished (hopefully later this year) is with the rear tires!

I bought a Swinger new in 69, 318,bench seat, auto on column, it came with the deluxe interior, full wheel covers, 700-13 whitewalls. In 74, after my car was rear ended and totaled, I found another 69 Swinger, 340 4sp that had minor front end damage, I used parts from the first car to fix the second car.
The second car had the base interior and the small hubcaps.

-
Back