Not mine 1970 mach 1 429 sci drag pack

-

Steve 225

Reaction score
Didn't know whether I should post it here or in the joke section , and they say mopar guys will over pay for something rare even though it's a basket case

Screenshot_20180607-233804.png

Sorry my mistake
yes a 428 SCJ
I was busy trying to mortgage my house to come up with the money and got confused
I had a a mach 1 years ago, not a 428 SCJ, it was a 351W, and that's about what it looked like when I finally called the scrap yard and sold it for $35, but they hauled it off for free

Last edited:
its a body with a VIN that can be registered. The rest of that car can be bought repopped.

its a body with a VIN that can be registered. The rest of that car can be bought repopped.

I get that, and 100 grand later you have a brand new 1970 mach 1 but even with that vin how could anybody in their right mind think it's a rare car?

Cause dude ford guys are retarded :lol:

Cause dude ford guys are retarded :lol:

who knows I may be wrong, we may see it on the next episode of gas monkey, they take it to Barretts and get a cool million for it, but its crazy things like this that keep real car guys from being able to find a decent old car for a decent price
Last swap meet I went to there was someone selling rusty bed springs for $2 a piece...... RUSTY BEDSPRINGS|||||........used to have to pay to have them hauled off

That car is only getting that attention because it was all over the national news. Yes, it may have an intact VIN, but it;s still a rusted out, incomplete, POS rustang. Especially considering no engine and no transmission.

Now, if it was a BOSS 302 or BOSS 429 car, then that's a game changer, but the 428 cars were fairly common in comparison.

That said, how many of us would be drooling over a 1970 440 six pack road runner in the same condition? Yall would be talkin about it was worth 30K.

That car is only getting that attention because it was all over the national news. Yes, it may have an intact VIN, but it;s still a rusted out, incomplete, POS rustang. Especially considering no engine and no transmission.

Now, if it was a BOSS 302 or BOSS 429 car, then that's a game changer, but the 428 cars were fairly common in comparison.

That said, how many of us would be drooling over a 1970 440 six pack road runner in the same condition? Yall would be talkin about it was worth 30K.
I have to disagree about the 428. They are revered by Ford fans for good reason. IMO, a 429 Boss was a disappointment. Great image car. Performance, not so much.

I have to disagree about the 428. They are revered by Ford fans for good reason. IMO, a 429 Boss was a disappointment. Great image car. Performance, not so much.

Who said anything about performance? I am talking from a monetary standpoint. The 428 cars were everywhere compared to the Boss cars.

Drag pack... With no wheels, you have to drag it around...

My choice of words calling ford guys retarded was a poor choice,in today’s world of inclusion and acceptance my sincere apology to you ford owners ! Call it what you like to much money in my eyes

My choice of words calling ford guys retarded was a poor choice,in today’s world of inclusion and acceptance my sincere apology to you ford owners ! Call it what you like to much money in my eyes

I love Fords, Mopars, Chevys, and a LOT more as long as it's OLD and AMERICAN and I've been a retard all my life.

-
Back