Not mine. Anyone in Pa need a race car.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A 650 horsepower one at that. My friends send me crap like this to make me spend money. Lol.

33A51426-934C-4B9D-A3E2-99C8F8AF6E3F.jpeg

CBCAD1CC-6B82-4671-AB60-D8DC5CDB6E4D.jpeg

F3F82C69-D1D3-4078-A0C8-D137FA461AAD.jpeg

1CA14706-757F-4F39-A898-5B01597DDBD0.jpeg

I guess the bigger question after last week post is how many runs does the engine have on it? Being it's 650 HP and only good for 100 passes, maybe that's why the guy is selling it :rofl:

I think some guys read to many 600 horsepower ragizine articles and watch to many dyno tests on tv.

It’s a disease. Guys see dyno numbers for an engine similar to theirs and think it’s the same. I was guilty of this at one time. I’d see a 360 on here that was .30 over with stock heads and a similar cam/intake/carburetor and think mine made the same power. The time slips and dyno print outs served me a large bowl of humble soup.

It’s a disease. Guys see dyno numbers for an engine similar to theirs and think it’s the same. I was guilty of this at one time. I’d see a 360 on here that was .30 over with stock heads and a similar cam/intake/carburetor and think mine made the same power. The time slips and dyno print outs served me a large bowl of humble soup.
I've had humble pie. Is the soup just as bad? :lol:

It is sure amazing how 275hp on the street in a street car is so much faster than 275 HP at the track….. lol! Had some humble pie myself last year.

That does seem a bit wild for a NA Mopar small block.

Did they say what it runs in the quarter? With an estimate of the weight, you can do the math to calculate the approximate horsepower.

That does seem a bit wild for a NA Mopar small block.

Did they say what it runs in the quarter? With an estimate of the weight, you can do the math to calculate the approximate horsepower.
It seems to have a full cage, so it must be quicker then 9.00 seconds, right ?

tenor-8.gif

That's a riff on Herb McCandless Jr claiming that a cylinder wall will split at 4 oclock at 100 passes.
I guess that explains why he couldn't beat Socks and Martin. He was running his blocks past a hundred and splitting the cylinders. LOL I had blocks that had hundreds of passes on them and never split. Big block and small block but early on I did spin a lot of rod bearings.

-
Back