Not mine, but what a fun car at a really good price!

-
I had the same car with a 304 4BBl and it was a blast. It had a Dana 20 with a 727. The 390 has 325 HP and 400+ torque.

Last edited:
Very nice car for the mid 70's. Not huge fan of the AMX package as i prefer the basic Hornet like the earlier SC360. Those AMC cars were pretty light so it doesn't take much to make a nice street package. I'm sure a ''Kelvinator'' fan will grab that if they can bargain the price down a bit.

Honestly that car is FULL of impossible parts to find. Not to mention a hot engine. If I did not already have a stable of cars I think I would buy it on Monday.

That's a neat little car! 'Course the 390 is a transplant like it says, but it could have had the 360 in it. The ad also says 727 but it's clearly a 904, but that's probably a good thing. I always thought the Hornet was ugly but that one almost isn't.

I like it, but that Pontiac Firebird look alike hood decal, nah. Should've had the SC/rambler or Rebel hood treatment.

biggest engine option for the Hornet AMX (1977 only) was the 304 2-bbl, The earlier Hornet X did have the 360 2-bbl. In 1978 the AMX went to the Concord and still had the 304 2-bbl as top engine option.

I never had an AMC and about 2 years ago I picked up a solid and good driving 75 258 straight six Hornet. It needed tires, a new carb, choke, shocks some exhaust.. maintanance stuff, I cut out 2 rust holes, a bout the sie of a half dollar, primed and gave it a fresh top coat. $2000 and a 10 hour Tx. drive. I love learning new stuff/ I wanted a SB (CLONE) Hornet project to go with it, but after 2 deals fell apart I gave up and decided to sell the Hornet. I really like that little car/ You would think I could get $3500 for it wouldn't ya!!!!
I found out 5 decades ago it is easier to sell a 69 Hemi Roadrunner than it is a Slant Dart! Or Hornet!!! :steering: :BangHead: :poke:

biggest engine option for the Hornet AMX (1977 only) was the 304 2-bbl, The earlier Hornet X did have the 360 2-bbl. In 1978 the AMX went to the Concord and still had the 304 2-bbl as top engine option.

Mine did have an aftermarket intake. I gathered up a 401 with a forged crank and rods and some dog leg heads to install into it. But I just never got around to it. I still have the block, crank, rods and heads.

-
Back