Not Mopar but still sad to me...

-

74desertduster

Reaction score
This about sums it up....

banditdead.jpg

They should have axed old's. I love the old GTO's. Pontiac had more cool cars than Olds IMHO.

Have an 80 Formula now and had a 1970 when I was a kid...will always have a soft spot for them...

The last Olds was a 2004 Alero, at least on this side of the border. Don't understand why we are wasting space on a Mopar forum bemoaning the demise of a GM division though.

Yea... Old's is already dead. I guess they thought about killing of Buick, but that sells well in other places.

Yea... It is kind of sad. Maybe it could make a come back? I don't know?

They have substantial money invested in Buick as well. Pontiac for the most part has been re-badged Holdens, little investment. Even if Pontiac sold well GM wouldn't kill a brand they had a lot invested into. But I wish they would have axed Buick instead...

The last Olds was a 2004 Alero, at least on this side of the border. Don't understand why we are wasting space on a Mopar forum bemoaning the demise of a GM division though.

I hate to here that. Olds and Pontiac had some good cars back in the day. It is looking more and more like Japan will take over the auto world while good old USA companys with rich historys like Olds, Pontiac, and Plymouth die.

yes and it needed to be said glad somebody said it

A sad day, indeed. Plymouth is long gone...and now Pontiac. Why couldn't they just auction off the company, or even just the name, so someone might some day resurrect an American original?

A sad day, indeed. Plymouth is long gone...and now Pontiac. Why couldn't they just auction off the company, or even just the name, so someone might some day resurrect an American original?

IIRC Chrysler is still holding name tradmarks on Plymouth (and DeSoto as well). I would be willing to bet that GM is doing the same with the Pontiac and Olds names

ya i heard the new trans am is gonna be under gmc and buick caddilac both getting cut to like 3 models each

Sad day indeed. I'm the original owner of a '83 Hurst Olds (it's up for sale to finance the build of my '69 Dart) and the prior owner of a '74 TransAm.
Rich performance heritage from both the Oldsmobile (J2, 442) and Pontiac (GTO, TransAm) brands.
Another sad, sad day for our hobby.

heard today they plan to shut down the hummer, Saturn and a few other ones...

Also said Chrysler was doing good because they are planning to merge with a company.

Pontiacs havent really been Pontiacs for a long time anyway. far as I'm concerned, once they went to "corporate" (that means chevy) powerplants,They werent Pontiacs anymore anyway.

I agree, there hasn't been a good one in a long time. I had a grand am a while back it was a hunk a junk.

-
Back