Not new but never introduced myself

-

erock350

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So I joined here in 2010, but never introduced myself. I am on here just about everyday taking in all the information, but usually never post anything. So here goes... My name is Eric, I own a 1970 dodge dart Custom 4 door, it came with a 318, but This past year I built a mild street friendly 360 LA motor and threw it in. The car is rust free, and only has 113k miles on it. I am the 2nd owner bought it with 93K miles on it in 1996, I was 17 at the time. I did the typical young kid thing blew up the 904 transmission, raced it all the time, had a ton of fun with it. In 2000 I was in a serious car accident with another car I had at the time and that messed me up for years and the car sat in the garage. So i am working on again, and did get to drive it again in fall to test the new engine. It felt awesome to drive it again, plus the satifaction of building my motor and it actually ran LOL. I still need to do the exhaust, and will have to up grade the front brakes to disc. Also will be looking for a rear axle before the 7 1/4 blows up. So I will mostly be hanging out in the for sale section, to find more stuff to up grade. I also have a 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T that used to be my daily driver until gas got expensive and forced me into a Subaru WRX. I also have a 2000 Trans Am that I Built up years ago as my summer car, but now that the Dart is back on the road the Trans Am will more than likely sit. Anyway I just wanted to introduce my self and say I am glad to meet all of you. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• resize dart.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 337
  • dart resize 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 327
  • dart resize 3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 352
Welcome Eric!!! So glad that you've gotten your health back from the wreck. That's a sweet looking Dart. Good luck finding what you need, and as you already know, we're here to help.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. :74Dart Swinger360: I had a taller air cleaner but the hood would not close. The Edelbrock Rpm air gap manifold is taller creating the issue. I am not ready to cut the hood and add a scoop, nor do I think it would look good with a hood scoop on a 4 door LOL. The paint is orig, the only thing I repainted was the engine compartment before I re installed the engine. There were oil stains in the paint and since the engine was out i decided it was the time. The body paint is in good condition, the metallic has faded over time, but when i buff it it still looks great for its age.

Welcome! Nice Dart! You could claim that to be a rare prototype A-body police interceptor! It's always fun to B.S. your friends over a few brews.

Welcome! I had the same issues with my intake/air cleaner assembly . I picked up a drop base at the good guys swap meet for 5 bucks . FWIW . Nice Dart by he way.

:Cudavert: that would be funny to tell people it is a rare option detective under cover car due to the color, they might buy it lol. :Jomoper: I will have to find a drop base, that air cleaner was a free edelbrock one that they gave me when I bought my carb. I just bought a shorter element so I could put the hood back on. Thanks for the tip though, i did not know you could lower the base.

Nice Dart and nice job !!!
Welcome and do not be a stranger....

Nice car, reminds me of my first car when i was a kid. 1970 dart 318 same color but not a custom. I had some ralley wheels on mine, it went real good with the 318. I had dual exhaust and a holley 600 aluminum intake (ld4b?), and electronic ignition.

Good luck with her...

Even though it is a little overdue...welcome. I like those wheels on your car...they look cool.

Thanks again for the compliments everyone. :340john: the wheels are old ansen slots. Found them at a swap meet for $60, and there sbp. They look chrome when polished. : Dan Chase 340: yea my old 318 that was just replaced was fast, I was going to rebuild it but went with a 360. It has been a fun car, cant wait to drive it in spring again.

-
Back