Not so much a clone Hemi Dart

-
New crank in hand. Measure it up to see how my clearances look. Also sent my rockers back and had them drilled to oil the pivot and roller.

IMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

IMG_0993.jpeg

IMG_0994.jpeg

Well, had the balance checked on the new crank. It was off. 20 grams on the front and 30 on the rear. It’s dialed in now and ready to go. Going to try and get it back together and in the car in a reasonable time frame.

IMG_1040.jpeg

Best thing you did was pull it apart and make it right. Or perhaps the very best thing was when you dble checked the weight when the 2nd crank came back. Together and back in place by the weekend? ;)

Had mine running today. Sure running terrific after a load of work and changes on the 770’s.
Enjoy the reassembly!

Best thing you did was pull it apart and make it right. Or perhaps the very best thing was when you dble checked the weight when the 2nd crank came back. Together and back in place by the weekend? ;)

Had mine running today. Sure running terrific after a load of work and changes on the 770’s.
Enjoy the reassembly!

Actually I’m off so I probably could have it close by the weekend but I think the wife has other plans.. lol

You hammered on yours yet? Thing has to be a rocket!

Actually I’m off so I probably could have it close by the weekend but I think the wife has other plans.. lol

You hammered on yours yet? Thing has to be a rocket!
Thinking wife cannot compete with the magnetism coming off that hemi. Should be shaking the foundation sometime Sunday.

Last time I drove it, back in September it was a blast. Stage3 shared a load of info on making these 770’s work and they sure do. But. Driving down the street you have drooling from some, crotchiness from some and others with their cell phone cameras rolling. It’s got a sound of its own.
Got major slippage where rubber meets road so hammering is a thing of caution.
806HP 770TQ at 5500 and a 5700 stall on a street tire. Crazy town. My Max Wedge 1/4 mile car makes 150 HP less.. I’m all mixed up.

Worked on it off and on today. Got the crank in, Disassembled the pistons and rods, cleaned everything up and put them back together. The C clips on the CP pistons are a *****. Gapped the top rings. 2nd ring is bigger than I wanted out of the box. Debating on this one.

IMG_1066.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1072.jpeg

IMG_1073.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg

Been a rough week. Spent a week watching someone close die over Christmas weekend and then caught Covid this weekend. Wife banned me from roaming the house so I pretty much finished the hemi for therapy reasons over the last 2 days (not really feeling sick after the first 3 days of this garbage). Need to trim out my intake gaskets and waiting on a summit order for a few parts then it’s going back in.

IMG_1127.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

Been a rough week. Spent a week watching someone close die over Christmas weekend and then caught Covid this weekend. Wife banned me from roaming the house so I pretty much finished the hemi for therapy reasons over the last 2 days (not really feeling sick after the first 3 days of this garbage). Need to trim out my intake gaskets and waiting on a summit order for a few parts then it’s going back in.

View attachment 1716186979

View attachment 1716186980
My condolences over your loss and also your personal illness. On the bright side you’re getting better and the Hemi is back together, soon to go in.

Heading the correct direction!

IMG_1200.jpeg

IMG_1223.jpeg

Also came across this video, my dart makes a cameo in here beating up on a late 70’s Camaro at the 47 sec mark.

I always wondered how rough is life with Hemi in A-Body... I mean big block is not fun at all but I still am tempted to go Hemi in my Duster.
I recently finshed building 605ci based on Mega block with Indy cnc heads and tunnel ram, also Milodon gear drive on it. Its now topped with 2 King Demons but hoping to soon order 2 custom built 2 circuit Dominators. Plan is to drive the car on the street but also race a little. Before refresh 67 Coronet ran 8:00 with this setup. I have it on the stand now and when I look at the thing, I can't picture it in my Duster, seems wayyyy to big ;-)
Best of luck, great story and great car!

I always wondered how rough is life with Hemi in A-Body... I mean big block is not fun at all but I still am tempted to go Hemi in my Duster.
I recently finshed building 605ci based on Mega block with Indy cnc heads and tunnel ram, also Milodon gear drive on it. Its now topped with 2 King Demons but hoping to soon order 2 custom built 2 circuit Dominators. Plan is to drive the car on the street but also race a little. Before refresh 67 Coronet ran 8:00 with this setup. I have it on the stand now and when I look at the thing, I can't picture it in my Duster, seems wayyyy to big ;-)
Best of luck, great story and great car!
It’s a fun challenge to get a Hemi into an A body. Although you can use a torque wrench on every header bolt. TTI headers. Can’t do that with a wedge.

challenge to get a Hemi into an A body. Although you can use a torque wrench on every header bolt. TTI headers. Can’t do that with a wedge.
Yes I put the 605 back in the Coronet today and installing headers was a piece of cake!
Took me 5 hrs to install trans, engine and bolt in all in place, hook up gas lines and 95% of all needed stuff.
My personal record!

IMG_6715.jpeg

IMG_6314.jpeg

There is nothing as good looking and badass as a gen 2 hemi!
A dream of mine...one day I will own one!

Yes I put the 605 back in the Coronet today and installing headers was a piece of cake!
Took me 5 hrs to install trans, engine and bolt in all in place, hook up gas lines and 95% of all needed stuff.
My personal record!

View attachment 1716199645

View attachment 1716199646
That’s moving it for sure to get that far in short time. A very nice set up. Another nice set of hemi valve covers. Got to get me a set of those. Indy’s?

That’s moving it for sure to get that far in short time. A very nice set up. Another nice set of hemi valve covers. Got to get me a set of those. Indy’s?
Yes all top end is Indy here. Material used to cast these valve covers is very porous, these valve covers look very nice but up close it’s pretty obvious even after tumble polishing. Best et for this car was 8:00 but now it’s time to make it more „usable”. There is still full interior in, cage is very nicely integrated. Good pair of 2 circuit dominators, new 3.5” exhaust and some drag radials should make it possible.
Car was built 12 years ago.

Yes all top end is Indy here. Material used to cast these valve covers is very porous, these valve covers look very nice but up close it’s pretty obvious even after tumble polishing. Best et for this car was 8:00 but now it’s time to make it more „usable”. There is still full interior in, cage is very nicely integrated. Good pair of 2 circuit dominators, new 3.5” exhaust and some drag radials should make it possible.
Car was built 12 years ago.
That’s serious fast. Must be 1100+ HP. A beautiful 67. I put Stage V black covers on my KB, would like a little more bling though. 3.5” exhaust. I should have went with that, but nooo.. Buddy Daryl showed me his exhaust and I had to have that.

Need more bling.
IMG_6839.jpeg

2 mufflers sets off most alarms, 4 mufflers sets off some.
IMG_9806.jpeg

That’s serious fast. Must be 1100+ HP. A beautiful 67. I put Stage V black covers on my KB, would like a little more bling though. 3.5” exhaust. I should have went with that, but nooo.. Buddy Daryl showed me his exhaust and I had to have that.

Need more bling.
View attachment 1716199825

2 mufflers sets off most alarms, 4 mufflers sets off some.
View attachment 1716199826
Wow very clean!
Yes it was making 1100 n/a and 1500 with nitrous.

-
Back