Not sure what to do.

-

nathan77

Reaction score
I bought a 1971 plymouth scamp as a project, but once I removed everything down to a rolling chassis and shell, I realized I was in over my head. I recently found another car that is almost complete and decided I wanted to go with that instead. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to if I should part the Scamp out or try to sell it as a project car to someone who may have more experience? The front floor pans are gone, quarters and front fenders are shot, window tracks are rotted out, trunk pan has holes, and the grille is missing. I dont have the time or money to attempt this. Thanks.

What is the other car? If it is same or needs a fair amount of pieces from this car, I would keep it.

If you are going to build a B body or something else, I would sell it whole.

I have parted out a good share of cars, and it is messy and real time consuming although it is profitable I guess.

ROB

Im looking at buying a 1974 Duster. The car Im not rebuilding is a 71 Scamp. But if Im not mistaken I think I can use the K frame, hood, and possibly the doors.

Youre right. Neither will the hood. But I really hope the K member will because thats the only part I will need. lol.

I think alot of people are not realistic about building there cars. Not everyone has the money or skills to restore a car, me included. I made the same mistake with a 74 Dart. I ended up getting the car back in one piece and breaking even. My advise would be to find a solid car that you can enjoy and make repairs/upgrades as time and money allow.

... But if Im not mistaken I think I can use the K frame...

Unless the proposed Duster has a Slant Six "K" Member , and the Scamp has a V8 "K" , then why would you back-date to those breakage-prone "biscuit" motor mounts ????
1973 & later Dart / Duster / Valiant have the far superior spool motor mounts .
Even if the '74 Duster has a Slant Six "K" , you can keep it and use Schumaker's conversion parts instead .
Not only is this more cost-effective , but Schumaker's parts are made in the U.S.A. , and not China ( like 99.9% of parts stores' mounts !! ) .

The front floor pans are gone, quarters and front fenders are shot, window tracks are rotted out, trunk pan has holes, and the grille is missing.

If thats an east coast car thats decent shape :toothy10: In all seriousness id attempt to sell it as a whole. Someone can bring that car back to life.

-
Back