not the head gasket?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I took the heads off and I dont really see anything wrong...besides using the LA head gaskets and not the magnums with these heads. What are signs that water was leaking from the head gaskets?As I stated in all my past threads, Ive never seen water in my oil like this before until I changed the intake gaskets and front cover gaskets, but I did have 3 cylinders with 150 when I did a cold compression test and intake off.

Any chance you can post a picture of them? I think getting a couple of pics ofa few things might help nail this down.

As I stated in all my past threads, Ive never seen water in my oil like this before until I changed the intake gaskets and front cover gaskets, but I did have 3 cylinders with 150 when I did a cold compression test and intake off.

I would think that this statement is a clue.....that it may not be the head gaskets. But if you've got 3 cyls that are more than 10% down compared to the others......I'd be looking around @ everything, especially cyl walls and maybe heads for cracks.

I took the heads off and I dont really see anything wrong...besides using the LA head gaskets and not the magnums with these heads. What are signs that water was leaking from the head gaskets?As I stated in all my past threads, Ive never seen water in my oil like this before until I changed the intake gaskets and front cover gaskets, but I did have 3 cylinders with 150 when I did a cold compression test and intake off.
Do you have any of the typical signs like bubbling and lots of pressure building up in the radiator when running? Steam out the tailpipe/s when warmed up? Have you been able to perform a cyclinder leak down test on the cylinders that are 150 PSI? Just some ideas. Was the torque on the head bolts up to spec when you removed them or did a few feel a little loose? Is your engine a stroker?

-
Back