Not your normal cam question: Bearing journals.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
Ok, a quick question. (Small Block)

My old cam (Crower Solid Roller) #2,3,4 journals were approximately 3/4" wide. #2 and 3 journals were fully grooved in the center.

My new cam (Lunati Solid Roller) #2,3,4 journals are approximately 9/16" wide. #2 and 3 journals have oiling holes.

I have verified that the number on the Lunati cam is the correct number. Voodoo Solid Roller Cam, P/N: 60432.

Is something wrong here or an I paranoid?

Different grinder will cutt'em differently for a reason. Look, think, wonder... I do. Sometimes, it is a theory in action.

Are you sure the journals are 2 and 3? Should be 2 and 4... The Crower was grooved to allow full top end oiling. I don't know if that's optional or not but Crower would. The Lunatis will only allow partial oiling to the rocker shafts, which is the factory design.

Are you sure the journals are 2 and 3? Should be 2 and 4... The Crower was grooved to allow full top end oiling. I don't know if that's optional or not but Crower would. The Lunatis will only allow partial oiling to the rocker shafts, which is the factory design.

You are correct. #2 and #4.

Would you prefer one over the other in a solid roller set up? Block off tube kit on right side, Harland Sharp rockers.

-
Back