notchback

-
20150823_134620_zpssx5x57rm.jpg

20150823_134632_zpsbis8fpwh.jpg

1968 Notch-Back

Jeff

some very nice cars----- thinking about notchback and wanted to see some nice ones and I have been
I really REALLY prefer the notchback to the fastback. ....kinda has the look of a small Roadrunner :thumbsup:

Notice my avatar? !!!

Jeff

I agree I like the notchback stock looks good and I have seen a few pro street style that looks good--- I would like to see some more posted

All the notchback ride pics in this thread are amazing! :thumbsup:

Yes it was in Musclecar Review back in the day. I bought it with just less than 50,000 miles on it. It was a true survivor, although the original owner lived in a neighborhood with narrow driveways and had scraped the fenders a few times and had them repainted. It was a Formula S 340 auto with every option except A/C and was a radio delete car. I met the original owner and asked about the radio delete, and he said traffic was too busy in the city to be distracted by the radio, and once you were 50 miles out of town there was no signal, so he deleted it. I will try and post the article but I'm not sure if the format will work.

Attachments

• BARRACUDA.pdf
    642 KB · Views: 98
  • BARRACUDA2.pdf
    625.8 KB · Views: 123
Did the original owner repaint the motor?

So the next owner did a complete color change?

Shame. But his car I guess.

When I got the car it had been Ziebarted when brand new, so I had to carefully remove the undercoat from the inner fenderwells and firewall. It was a real pain, but it did preserve the paint well. I also cleaned and painted the engine without removing any parts. Other than a new exhaust and a tune up everything was original in the drivetrain. The new owner did do a color change. When I found the car listed I think it still had less than 55,000 miles on it, so he didn't drive it much.

-
Back