'Nother Noob

-

JayD

Reaction score
Hello from an ole pharte on the left coast. Been lurking on the site for awhile and finally decided to get off my butt and join. Love the community you have here and the info being shared has came in handy more than once. Well, thinking about playing hooky today and throwin’ some ribs on the grill, so pull up a chair and grab a cold one outta the ice box. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
~ JD

Welcome to FABO!

As long as the "ole phartes" don't harp on us "young-guns" too badly. ;)

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm currently playing with my first A-Body, a 73 Dart Swinger I picked up from the original owner's son-in-law. Never cared much for the 'bird-beak' Darts, but I got such a good deal on this one that I couldn't pass it up. I'll post a few pics of it as soon as I get around to taking some.

And don't worry Twistex, us old guys think it's great to have the younger generations getting involved, and choosing Mopar means your'e on the right track. 'Course we'll harp on ya, but it's just to keep you on your toes.

Welcome to the board JD.
My first older mopar was a 75 "birdbeak" Dart. I used to hate that nose. LOL I built for my wife to bracket race in and she got it into the high 12's. I miss it now, it really grew on me.

l_a22dc24afc7016cfcaae3bee3f1f7f62.jpg

You know why they did the bird-beak? They had a pile of leftover '69 Barracuda hoods!

I like them, look forward to seeing it!
Do they make any f.glass hoods with the scoop built in?Would,nt mind throwing one on my..bird beaked..73 Dart Sport 340 for at the track ofcoarse.:cheers:

Welcome JayD, Sounds like you will fit right in here at this great site.
Ribs and a cold one sounds good to me. =P~
Glad to have you with us.
Past summer spending time alone on the hill Deer shoulder slow cook all day.

Lets get cooking :drinkers:

10307.jpg

103077.jpg

Here's a few pics from when I brought it home. The car came with a folder full of documents, the lady kept records and receipts of everything including oil changes and tune ups. While going through the documents I saw where the 318 had been dealer replaced at 89K, the car now has 132K so the engine is failry low mile. Hope to get some current pics this weekend, not many changes so far - a set of 14" rallyes with 235/60's all around, new springs to cure the saggy butt, a right side mirror and bucket seats. Oh, I got rid of the knee-knocker bumper guards too - if you've never picked on up let me tell you those things weigh a ton!

Front.JPG

Rear.JPG

Int.JPG

Do they make any f.glass hoods with the scoop built in?Would,nt mind throwing one on my..bird beaked..73 Dart Sport 340 for at the track ofcoarse.:cheers:

A couple of companies make f/g hoods in both bolt-on and lift-off with the six-pack, cowl type and pro-stock scoops.

JD, welcome to the best Mopar site on the net! It's great to have you and your Dart here.

Now get to work on that saggy butt. I know I will be. LOL!

-
Back