Novas

-
Have had my 69 dart called a road runner many times,they just don't realize how much bigger a "b" body is

Same here, most of the time though they call it a goat, or a 65 chevelle. Most a bodies were gramdma car's and people only remember the road runners, super bee's, and cuda's, not the GTS, Formula S, etc. That's why I love owning an A body, people are allway's like, man I never pictured a Dart looking that cool!

I can honestly say I have never had someone argue with me that it wasn't a duster.
My favorite nova/duster confusion was when I was filling up at the gas station and this jacked up F-350 was waiting in line behind me with 4 teenage guys in it. The driver sticks his head out the window and yells, "what kind of car is that?" so I told him and then thought about it and yelled back, "which one of you idiots said it was a nova?" and they all started laughing and pointed to one of the kids in the back seat. It made my day.

OK, this gets my vote for favorite story.

The Val just got called a Falcon by a very nice lady in the Stater Bros. parking lot.
She said she was restoring a 78 Volvo for her son. She was a nice lady, so I bit my tongue and didn't ask if he had been bad....

Just yesterday in my shop- I have my 72 Duster/Demon clone- this couple comes in to drop off their car for repairs. i heard her say- nice Chevelle to her BF. He says naw, it's a Nova. I just came out of the office and said no it's a Duster. The look on his face was priceless. Uh, I was gonna say that- he says. I just shook his hand and let them out the door. Funny- I have NOTHING but Mopar signs,posters,pictures and stuff in the shop. I thought - I could really screw with them and say- no it's a Marlin!

ppl call my val wagon a rambler studabaker nomad and falcons much more i beleive even a early nova wagonmy fav is when i went to the pizza place in the aspen and evrey worker was just watching me pullin and park through the window evreyone was waiting for me to come in and they all said great car and af i was leaving and paying the ladie said what kinda car is that i said aspen she said awwwww none of us where right and her boss said its not a charger? she said no and she said she thought it was a dart i said at least u guys where thinking mopar i toldem if they wanted me in a comercial im not hard to find lol()local pizza place)

I'v had my 74 Charger with SuperBee hood mistaken for a GTO more than a few times. I dont remember anyone mistaking my 76 4dr Dart for anything else though. Some have jokingly said K-car though lol

I am some guy (not young) call my 67 Cuda a Mustang, I guess the plymouth across the nose was not a clue that is was not a mustang.

Realistically a Nova and a Duster have a very similar shape, especially from a bit of a distance. As an old half blind dude when I watch the Barrett Jackson I start guessing what it is as they pan in on it and often get surprised as it gets closer. Of course this does not excuse anyone walking right up on your A-Body and saying nice Nova #-o

I was driving my Barracuda through a neighborhood one time and a bunch of teen agers where hanging out working on a dirt bike. As I rode by they were all staring at my car and I heard one say "I think its one of those Shelby Mustangs". Hum, never thought of my car looking like a Mustang. Especially since it says Barracuda on the fender and Barracuda right across the trunk trim panel. I should have stopped and told them, they seemed to take a lot of interest in my car.

Wait until you have owned a 66 Charger.No one and I mean No ever knew what mine was...

Yeah that's a pretty nice looking Marlin ya got there :toothy7: Although I bet more Marlin owners got, nice Charger comments :thumbup:

The black 73 gets Nova comments all the time, the 70 not so much, they do have a little bit different shape, and the 73 doesnt have its Duster emblems back on it yet.

-
Back