now here is a nice trail project

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
love it

1952 JEEP WILLYS 4X4 TRUCK - (parts or whole) - auto parts - by... (craigslist.org)

00Q0Q_9rlv1Zs2yZ1z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

My Dad had one I don't remember the year. About 75, not long after I got out of the Navy, he bought a used used Ford 6 out of a Bronco, 170? 200? and we put that in. Used part of an old oil pad to clearance the firewall. "The person formerly known as my sister" burned it down, just before I came home. Dad had 2x 6V batteries in series, one up in the engine room, and one under the seat. The seat shorted the battery. We found another cab in a junk yard, made a stab at fixing the floor, and fixed it up. So far as I know, one of the neighbors "around the loop" from where Dad and Mom lived still has it. Dad had added a overdrive, and a hydro-vac booster. Even so, it was not a "highway rig" it was originally a 4 and 488 or 5 something axles

Hmm, my brother-in-law has a 47 Willys Jeep he's had for over 40 years. I've finally convinced him to sell it since he'll never finish it. It's in much better shape than this one. Is there much of a market for these things?

-
Back