Now the Ricers are going for the patina look

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
1407C787-5576-4AAC-A171-E009FF4C879D.jpeg
Or Maybe the start of a Rat Rod

Agree, but it has a kinda mini '56 T-Bird look thing goin' on there too. With a 289 in it, let the fun begin :steering:
Rootes Motors was the company that built the Sunbeam Tiger and had a Ford 260 V8. When Chrysler bought them out they tried to squeeze the 273 in it but was too wide. So they discontinued the build. A real shame. My buddy put a Boss 302 in one and drove it for a while. He sold it to a young guy and sadly he and his fiancé were heading North and hit a hwy tractor head on while attempting to pass a stretch of cars. They were killed instantly. They figure he was going at least 100mph when they hit.

Don't get me wrong, I likes SBM. It just confounds me why so many limited space critters get a chebby shoved in it when a 260/302 Fomoco will fit so much easier.
Small block ford good engines always drove ford pickups 289s 302s and 351w don’t know much about the 260 but the other 3 in my opinion bulletproof have an 81 f100 in the back with over half a mill on it changed timing chain at 300,000 because I felt sorry for it. 81 was the last year for the 9” axle also I guess it was to good.

. Is this a sunbeam tiger? One of my friends hard a sunbeam in high school but it was a vw bug shape sort of it had a 4 speed standard in the tree.

Mid - late 70s Sunbeams looked very similar to VW Rabbits and most every other hatchback import of the time.
th?id=OIP.jpg
Alpine & Tiger mid 60s
th?id=OIP.jpg
Rapier late 60s
th?id=OIP.jpg
then came the 70s :realcrazy:

. Is this a sunbeam tiger? One of my friends hard a sunbeam in high school but it was a vw bug shape sort of it had a 4 speed standard in the tree.
It's my version of the Sunbeam Alpine if they were still being built. I took a damaged Honda S2000 and did the body modifications to make it look like an Alpine. I also put a Power Retractable Hardtop on it from a Miata NC. Thanks for the kind words, my signature has a link to the build.

It's my version of the Sunbeam Alpine if they were still being built. I took a damaged Honda S2000 and did the body modifications to make it look like an Alpine. I also put a Power Retractable Hardtop on it from a Miata NC. Thanks for the kind words, my signature has a link to the build.

That's a great lookin car but unfortunately the link yo posted evidently requires being logged in to see the photos?

Mid - late 70s Sunbeams looked very similar to VW Rabbits and most every other hatchback import of the time.
View attachment 1715643811 Alpine & Tiger mid 60s
View attachment 1715643812 Rapier late 60s
View attachment 1715643819 then came the 70s :realcrazy:
My dad had a 1959 Sunbeam Rapier. 2 Dr HT 4cyl twins carbs 4 speed. White on the bottom and dark red roof. It was a fun car to drive and took my driver's exam in it and passed. A 4 seater with a red interior. Different than the one in the picture, that one must be newer.
This isn't his car but very close to it.
th.jpg

Rootes Motors was the company that built the Sunbeam Tiger and had a Ford 260 V8. When Chrysler bought them out they tried to squeeze the 273 in it but was too wide. So they discontinued the build. A real shame. My buddy put a Boss 302 in one and drove it for a while. He sold it to a young guy and sadly he and his fiancé were heading North and hit a hwy tractor head on while attempting to pass a stretch of cars. They were killed instantly. They figure he was going at least 100mph when they hit.
Yes, few people are aware that Mopar took over the Rootes Company. Yes there is a Pentastar on the passenger fenders!

Yes, few people are aware that Mopar took over the Rootes Company. Yes there is a Pentastar on the passenger fenders!
Speaking of pentastar what year did they stop putting them on the cars my 74 doesn’t have it

Speaking of pentastar what year did they stop putting them on the cars my 74 doesn’t have it
The Pentastar logo was placed on the lower passenger-side fender of all Chrysler products, including non-US brands, from 1963 into the 1972 model year. It was placed on the passenger side fender so it could be viewed by passers-by, a subtle method of getting the symbol ingrained in the public's mind: a nameplate has to be read, but a symbol is quickly recognizable without reading.

The Pentastar logo was placed on the lower passenger-side fender of all Chrysler products, including non-US brands, from 1963 into the 1972 model year. It was placed on the passenger side fender so it could be viewed by passers-by, a subtle method of getting the symbol ingrained in the public's mind: a nameplate has to be read, but a symbol is quickly recognizable without reading.
Thanks for that info thinking about putting one on my 74 just cause

-
Back