Number of Dart Sports built

-

HANG10TOM

Reaction score
Does any one know how, or if, there is a way to find out how many of a certain model dart was built with certain accessories? My 1973 Dart Sport bought new was a highly optioned sun roof car (Convertriple) and I was wondering if there was a way to find out how many were built. I don't have the vin number, but I remember every option I ordered.

Did you buy it new? If you take the rear seat out, on the underside (in the springs) you will see the broadcast Sheet. It will have your VIN and all the options that came on your car. What factory engine do you have. With the Sunroof, it is rare

Did you buy it new? If you take the rear seat out, on the underside (in the springs) you will see the broadcast Sheet. It will have your VIN and all the options that came on your car. What factory engine do you have. With the Sunroof, it is rare
I did buy it new. I actually ordered it and had to wait about 2 or 3 months for it's arrival. I do not have the car anymore and do not know the vin number. It was a 340, 4 barrel, dual exhaust, auto on the floor with buckets, posi, rally wheels, sun roof, fold down rear seat, darker blue with the up and over white stripe. I believe it was the first "convertriple" in Central New York. Is there any way to find out how many like these were built?

I did buy it new. I actually ordered it and had to wait about 2 or 3 months for it's arrival. I do not have the car anymore and do not know the vin number. It was a 340, 4 barrel, dual exhaust, auto on the floor with buckets, posi, rally wheels, sun roof, fold down rear seat, darker blue with the up and over white stripe. I believe it was the first "convertriple" in Central New York. Is there any way to find out how many like these were built?

Sounds like my car, but no fold down seat

Does any one know how, or if, there is a way to find out how many of a certain model dart was built with certain accessories? My 1973 Dart Sport bought new was a highly optioned sun roof car (Convertriple) and I was wondering if there was a way to find out how many were built. I don't have the vin number, but I remember every option I ordered.

I think I have printed off the numbers and have a copy of it somewhere.

There were more made than I thought there were. I can’t remember the numbers off the top of my head, but IIRC if you have the fold down rear seat, sun roof, 340 and a stick those had the lowest production numbers.

Which is what I have. I’ll look around and see if I can find it.

I wanted to buy a 73 Dart 340 Sport, 3 by the knee, sunroof, fold down rear seat, medium gold, black bucket seat interior, no console, $3591.00 sticker.
My Dad talked me into getting a new 74 loaded Challenger that was I think $4800ish.
Big mistake.
One of my friends bought that Dart and I loved it. It had the black up and over stripe which we peeled off pretty soon. Much better. He had a couple of narrow spoked wheels and I had 2 wide alumunum slotted wheels which we put on it. Remember the 72 Billy the Kid Pro Stock Dodge Demon?
My Challenger was a Rattle Trap. I didn't keep it very long.

I wanted to buy a 73 Dart 340 Sport, 3 by the knee, sunroof, fold down rear seat, medium gold, black bucket seat interior, no console, $3591.00 sticker.
My Dad talked me into getting a new 74 loaded Challenger that was I think $4800ish.
Big mistake.
One of my friends bought that Dart and I loved it. It had the black up and over stripe which we peeled off pretty soon. Much better. He had a couple of narrow spoked wheels and I had 2 wide alumunum slotted wheels which we put on it. Remember the 72 Billy the Kid Pro Stock Dodge Demon?
My Challenger was a Rattle Trap. I didn't keep it very long.
My 1973 Dart Sport cost $3800 including tax. I wish I still had that car. I currently have a 1974 Dodge Dart Sport HANG 10 that is a survivor with 51,000 miles on it. Have had it for 15 years.

My 1973 Dart Sport cost $3800 including tax. I wish I still had that car. I currently have a 1974 Dodge Dart Sport HANG 10 that is a survivor with 51,000 miles on it. Have had it for 15 years.
This brown 73 Dart 340 Sport with sunroof and folding rear seat is my current project bought in 2014. Picture is from sale ad. It is very rusty. Probably shouldn't have bought this one.
The 74 Hang Ten with 360 and AC I owned about 15 years ago. At that time I wanted a hot rod and it seemed like too much of a project for me so I sold it. Should have kept it as it didn't need near as much work as the 73.
CAM00056.jpg

Copy of Hang10 008.jpg

interior001.jpg

Is it difficult to remove the rear seat (I've never done something like that? I'd like to find the broadcast sheet of my car, but my Valiant got a new interior. So I think the sheet is gone anyway. But still, if it's easy, I'll try it.

-
Back