NW Transplant

-

xlexl

Reaction score
Well I've been perusing the site for a couple weeks now, but due to internet issues haven't been able to upload pix. Now that I finally did I'll throw my welcome post up.....now I wish I hadn't waited though lol, not sure how i'm supposed to follow onecatnodog....

My name is Shae and i'm finally serving my final tour in the sandbox after nearly 8yrs of service. I grew up around cars, my father wrenched for a living and was quite the gear head though severely neutered in that aspect by my mother. My first car was a 1950 Packard deluxe8 that I found complete, and completely original in a field. Spent 2 years weed eating back 40's to pay off my grandparents loan of 500 bucks to me to get it. Anyway, sold the Packard to go to college (which out of all my myriads of vehicles that I've owned the only one I completely regret selling). Started building 4cyl's than that wasn't enough so moved up to 6's, than went into a dry spell where I didn't build anything but bikes.

About 4yrs ago my best friend introduced me to his '77 Aspen R/T with a built 360. After my initial "OMFG WTH is that ugly hunk of metal", a test drive, and countless hours of working on it with him my love of Mopar's was started. It was than sealed after finding my '04 Hemi Sport Ram, and nearly scaring the salesman into a coronary during the test drive.

I'm an avid Craigslist-aholic and a couple months ago I found my new addition to my small mopar family a '68 NB Barracuda, she's rough around the edges but definatly in my skill level, besides it already had a 440 swap into it, and the guy says it runs low/mid 11's (though I take that with a couple of grains of salt...) anyway the price was so low that I couldn't pass it up. Haven't gotten to drive her yet, go home for a very late mid tour leave soon-ish and hope to get some body work done and rack up the miles on her. :cheers:

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1068-1.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

Shae, welcome aboard to the best Mopar site on the net!!! You'll have a blast here.

I don't know that the guys will share my view (lol!), but I for one don't mind reading your welcome post at all and actually prefer to see rusty sheet metal over bikini'd Prowler babes any day. :-D (Sorry, just not into girls. I'm in it for the CARS.)

Anyway, make yourself at home and keep us posted on your progress. Thanks, as well, for your service to our country. Stay safe while you're over there and keep your head down.

I agree with Leanna, I'd rather see the cars... Welcome to FABO!! and thanks for serving!!! Another from the great Northwest!!

thanks for the welcome :-D ....Leanna, it really is too bad you don't enjoy the women in the pictures ROFL.....

Ohh and one other thing speaking of Leanna, a special thanks to BOG for sending my a$$ over here :)

Welcome from a little north of you! Good looking project you have there.
And thanks for serving our country!

Welcome to FABO, xlexl. Thank you for your service. You're going to have fun here.
Looks like a solid basis for your 1st A-body experience. Keep the pics coming as you progress with your build.

Welcome from "West by God Virginia", When you get that bad boy roadworthy, your gonna have a blast from the past! I have 100 less cubes and lovein it. Good luck on the restore. Stay safe in that physco land of sand.:clock:

new car pics 004 (Custom).jpg

welcome and cool find! I agree with Leanna! Girls are a waste of time..and overrated...about 3 weeks ago...i found this out....they aint nothing...lol

Welcome to another '68 notchback owner. We are rather outnumbered by the fastback owners but no less proud of our rides.

Keep your head down until you get home. Take care!!

Fastbacks are a dime a dozen ;-) Notch backs are the true connoisseur of barracudas, we're rarer...LOL....I would like to start meeting all yall A body people in the north west, my best friend who started my mopar craze totaled one mopar, sold the other and now owns 2 mustangs lol, my fish cant be associated with his cars, she might pick up bad traits like "world class t-5" issues ROFL :bootysha::cheers:

Welcome aboard Shae!! You gotta ditch yer avatar I got dibs on it or pay me royalty fees!!LOL Another fish owner too.... you will enjoy it here

Hey Shae, I thought there was something a little different with yours!! LOL A notch back too....I like that! Enjoy the site!

-
Back