OBO

-
AJ's ad reminds me of a true event that happened to me years ago. I was talking to this guy in North Carolina about buying a 90 Daytona drag car rolling chassis. He wanted 6500.00 for it, Well I guess me showing up with a car trailer made him think he had it sold. I offered him 6000.00 on the spot but he wouldn't budge. So I said you know , I've been driving all day, I'm tired, let me get a Motel room and well get together in the morning. Well my buddy that rode with me said'"I don't know Roy,you might want to sit in it,it looks kinda small" So when we got back to his house the next day I did just that. I thought we were going to have to call the Fire Dept to Hurst tool my fat *** out of it! There was no way of fixing the problem and the narrow funny car cage so I had to pass on the deal. Yup my buddy saved me on that one!

What about this...someone has a part for sale on FABO,and let's say it's a hood
Now let's say they are asking more for this hood alone then they most likely paid for the car...let's say 1400 dollars
BUT the add says OBO, so I put in a fair, though admittedly slightly lowball offer on the scoops of 20 dollars (after all, the add says OBO)

So why then was my offer deleted by the mods?

:poke:

On what you say ^^^^^. I have no idea why? A simple no by the seller would have been acceptable.

My favorite buyer question, usually right after the first question of "Is x item still available?":
"What's the lowest you'll take?"

Thats gotta be the laziest negotiating tactic I've ever seen.

-
Back