Oct. 3 - Gas Price Jumped 20-cents

-
Dropped over $100 in the Ram's tank today. 3.95 for diesel at the cheap station:(

it actually dropped here in lower MI to $3.79 a gallon.

what gets me is how they get us all so easily and that we have no other alternative so in effect we are all stuck with the outcome. They will raise gas prices......then everyone will scream and moan about it.....so what do they do?.....they raise the price per gallon even higher yet . By this point everyone is so PO'ed that gas prices are so high.....that by the time they drop the price "back down" (to the original high price everyone was crying about in the first place)....everyone feels like they are getting a better deal.

I would love it if gas prices dropped....not outrageously low even...heck.....even $2 something a gallon would feel like a heck of a deal anymore lol.

Notice how the further away from the "big oil territory" you get....the higher it becomes......man is the west coast getting the brute of it though by the looks of things!

Ya think?

Gas jumped over 65 cents from the last time I stuck the nozzle in the Valiant's tank. Wish my paycheck would jump like that. God knows I burn through it as fast.

Here are the prices around my house.

Attachments

• SSC_0637.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 126
  • SSC_0638.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 155
  • SSC_0639.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 133
  • SSC_0640.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 140
Notice how the further away from the "big oil territory" you get....the higher it becomes......man is the west coast getting the brute of it though by the looks of things!

I think its the closer to a big city you are the more the cram it up your wazoo.

Why do you live in Kalifornia?

Let me count the ways:
1. The weather
2. The snow stays on the mountains where it belongs
3. The Pacific Ocean is only 7 miles away from my house.
4. The Mojave Desert is only 85 miles away from my house.
5. The Lakers
6. The giant redwoods of Sequoia National Park are only 4 hours away
7. Yosemite Valley is only 5 hours away.
8. The California Coast
9. Pacific Coast Highway
10. My job (aerospace engineer) allows me to pay for the cost of living
11. Cruising in my convertible any day of the year that it doesn't rain.
12. Great food.
13. Mopar Spring (April) and Fall (October) Flings
14. Los Angeles National Forest hiking trails
15. The good people still overwhelmingly outnumber the bad people

Did I leave anything out my fellow Californians?

Yeah, our state politicians have hurt our economy and pass stupid intrusive laws. But those things can change by electing better people.

Let me count the ways:
1. The weather
5. The Lakers
8. The California Coast
9. Pacific Coast Highway
12. Great food.

Yeah, our state politicians have hurt our economy and pass stupid intrusive laws. But those things can change by electing better people.

Nope, I think you just about covered it all. Explains why I've never left SoCal even though it's changed tremendously. If you ever move out of Orange County, you can't afford to move back.

I drive by the same ARCO station every morning on my way to work and routinely check out the price of gas.
Yesterday morning the price of unleaded regular was $3.99/gallon, after work it was $4.19/gallon.
What is it in your area? Same price jump?

Update: price for unleaded regular jumped another 20 cents overnight to $4.39/gallon yesterday. This morning the same station was $4.45 for unleaded regular (87 octane), another 6-cent jump overnight.

Spent $100+ filling up my Yukon this morning at $4.75 a gallon for regular unleaded.

$4.35 here. We usually fill up on base for cheaper. My wife likes to run her car until the gas light comes on and then we have to use the Chevron down the street.

Every single time over the last 2 years that I have done that (Chevron), her car gets horrible piston knock, even with their 91 octane. At the Base, 76, or Shell we don't.

Let me count the ways:
1. The weather
5. The Lakers
8. The California Coast
9. Pacific Coast Highway
12. Great food.

Lowriders. And the eyecandy that come with them.
279108-bigthumbnail.jpg

Ken,

I normally get my fuel paid for in my company vehicle but yesterday I had to put gas in my truck and almost died at the mobil station . 4.59 for 87,4.69 for 89
and 4.79 for 91. needless to say I only put enough in to get me back to work !!!

Bob

-
Back