Odd build need cam help

-

mechanic190

Reaction score
I am going to pick up a 440 and 727 out of a 69 newyorker this weekend and I am planning on putting it in my drag dart. I want to run my tunnel ram on it but otherwise it'll be as it sits and stock tranny also. Any suggestions on what budget cam to swap in? I was thinking the big summit racing cam

You sure you wanna run a tunnel ram on a stock 440? Oh well...hit up 72ScampTramp. I'm pretty sure his has some aftermarket goodies, but he's running a tunnel ram on a 440 as well...

Yea I got it was thinking running the single 4 instead of the 2 x 4. Just because I have it

My Grampa used to own a Crocker - Wheeler top turret, but that does not mean that I installed it into any of my cars

4635382117_36e633b2fc_z.jpg

We'd really need the full combo, meaning rear gear, tire size, and the weight of the car, to make a reasonable recommendation. If the stock trans comment means a stock converter...I'd forget about the TR.

With that said, it could be workable with a, decent converter, high lift moderate duration cam, along with small primary carbs like some 500 Eddy's or possibly some 600 "1850" Holley's. Tuning would really make it a "make or break" endeavor depending on the final total of the parts used.

Let us know any info you can.....

I'd mount it to the roof. That's badassary.

My Grampa used to own a Crocker - Wheeler top turret, but that does not mean that I installed it into any of my cars

-
Back