Odd Mopar Engine Swaps?

-

MoparMagic1992

Reaction score
i know everyone does the 5.7/6.1 Hemi swap...but has anyone heard of or seen maybe a 4.7 or even a 3.9 V6 swap? i know its not the most desirable but i like to be different..i think a 2.4 turbo from a srt4 neon would be pretty wild, but need a lot of fab work, if it could even work.

post some pics of weird Mopar to Mopar swaps? or what youve seen? :D

-John

i know everyone does the 5.7/6.1 Hemi swap...but has anyone heard of or seen maybe a 4.7 or even a 3.9 V6 swap? i know its not the most desirable but i like to be different..i think a 2.4 turbo from a srt4 neon would be pretty wild, but need a lot of fab work, if it could even work.

post some pics of weird Mopar to Mopar swaps? or what youve seen? :D

-John

there is a member on here running a 3.9 magnum in a wagon I belive, then there is member "BadAss71" that makes a 2.4 to 904 adapter plate for about $400

There are threads started for atleast one guy doing a toyota supra engine and trans swap with turbo and all. And another doing one similar but i cant remember what engine he used.

I want so see someone put a 6.7L Cummins motor in a viper. " Is that viper rolling coal?"

YES IT IS!

I want so see someone put a 6.7L Cummins motor in a viper. " Is that viper rolling coal?"

YES IT IS!

That would be epic!
We have a 2011 challenger at the shop with the engine and tranny out along with all of the steering, exhaust, and whole front clip because it was wrecked and were slowly rebuilding it. But we also have srt10 viper truckin the same shape and im trying to convice shad to put the v10 and 6 speed in the challenger lol so far no luck. He says that it staryed as a v6 challenger and thats how its staying because his wife will be a bad enough driver without an extra 4 cylinders lol

after posting this i looked up a 2.4 swap to see how hard it would actually be......its very very tempting for my dart ;)

I have a buddy with a TJ wrangler with a 4bt cummins turbodiesel.

Toyota ugh.. i think i threw up

A 3.9 should pretty much bolt in, since its actually just a 318 block minus two cylinders. That should be a VERY easy swap.

That said, my g/f had a 3.9 Dakota for awhile. It definitely had less power, but fuel economy wasn't much better than the V8 Daks. :banghead: Maybe in a custom application you could tune it better than Ma mopar did from the factory- it'd be hard to do worse.

I had an '04 SRT4 for awhile as well (~40k miles). I had it putting down a little over 250hp at the wheels, just some mild upgrades (stage 1 chip, Lorenzo throttle body, mopar/borla exhaust). Very fun car. 2.4's are very solid engines, lots of folks are running stock internals well over 300hp with upgraded turbo's and no issues. Still, I wouldn't want to mess with the ECU crap again. But that's just me, that's why I drive old stuff to begin with.

-
Back