OE 5.7 eagle cam specs

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Just providing information on the two cams below..

these are non-MDS, vvt, eagle 5.7 cams.

the difference is one is the truck engine, the other the car. Was pretty difficult to dig these up, and i haven't seen them published yet.

53022064BD (cars) duration intake 258* exhaust 288* / lift intake .472 exhaust .461
53022314AD (trucks)duration intake/exhaust 290* / lift intake .472 exhaust .460

again both non MDS. VVT, 2009+

I suppose the extra duration in the ram helps it sneak out a little more HP to hit the 390 rating vs the 375 in the cars. Kind of tells me that active intake is a little more for mileage than peak numbers.

I believe the all trucks 2009+ were MDS? The only way to not get MDS on an Eagle was the manual trans Challenger?

53022064BD (cars) duration intake 258* exhaust 288* / lift intake .472 exhaust .461
53022314AD (trucks)duration intake/exhaust 290* / lift intake .472 exhaust .460

Is that a typo? The intake is 30 degrees shorter than the exhaust?

Those are advertised numbers so it exaggerates it a bit. But yes, there's a bunch more on the exhaust side. It's not because the exhaust port sucks, it's because the intake port is really good and doesn't need a lot of duration.

Those are advertised numbers so it exaggerates it a bit. But yes, there's a bunch more on the exhaust side. It's not because the exhaust port sucks, it's because the intake port is really good and doesn't need a lot of duration.

But the numbers for the truck cam are more consistent. And I have seen numbers for the SRT 6.4 cam that are more like 286/288 or something like that.

Maybe you are right, but a spec of 256/288 just seems like a typo.

Just curious.

If you have a legit pn in question let me know and I can probably dig it up. We only deal with non mds engines in our crates, so I didnt bother with those cam numbers.

I'm not too far off opening up my non-mds 5.7 (2010 Challenger) to play with the cam, I could double check those numbers if I've got time.

-
Back