OEM 318 LA Harmonic Balancer source

-

spdart

Reaction score
After doing some searches, I find a number of folks recommend a OEM harmonic balancer for a stock engine but am not sure where to get one. RockAuto has some aftermarket brands and theres a guy on ebay is selling NOS parts. I'm not comfortable going with 40 year old NOS rubber and would like to hear where people buy thier OEM stuff from.

I used this one on my 340 build from Summitt. It's a nice piece for $80. Part #163273

Thanks both for the input. Yeah, I noticed part #163273 also so am glad you chimed in.

Stay away from a brand called POWER FORCE. Nothing but junk! I installed one on my 360. less than 200 miles later, the outer ring came off. I notified the supplier for these, they also supply the CROSSWIND intakes, I told them that I didn't want anything from them. I just wanted to let them know about this problem. I was told that it was out of warranty from time. I told them that was fine, but there was still a problem with their part. I was told that I should have purchased a RACE version that was rated at a higher RPM. The one I had was rated at 6500 RPM. I told him that I shifted it at 6300 RPM. They then emailed me a RGA & asked for it back, They said they would take care of it. Well 2-months later & my calls & emails not returned & out the shipping to send it back, I have nothing. Bottom line, this chinese stuff is crap!

-
Back