OEM Alternator Part Number Needed

-

SleeperDart505

Stock wheels, Stock Paint, 505" Stroker, Full Cage
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the OEM or MOPAR part number would be for a 90 or 95 amp square back 3 wire (externally regulated) alternator? I've heard these called "Police Car" alternators. They may have been used in other applications as well.

I bought a brand new (not refurbished) 60 amp square back 3 wire alternator from Rare Electrical in NC last week. Since then I've been reading a lot about my electrical issues (battery continually going dead) and have decided that a stock 60 amp alternator isn't going to get the job done. I need a higher amp alternator to handle my cooling fans, etc. This company doesn't like returns so they want to charge a 20% restocking fee. They will wave this fee if I give them the OEM or MOPAR part number for the alternator I want to buy.

Thanks in advance!

Never mind. I've been reading Dallasman200's post and I think he and I have the same issue with the electric fan. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to electrical issues so I don't even know where to begin. I now have a massive headache after reading all about the suggestions y'all gave him. Guess I'll just keep the new 60 amp alternator and the new battery and see if they fix the problem. If not, I'll buy a new voltage regulator too just to rule that out as well.

This car has no electric windows, no power door locks, no radio, no heater/defroster/fan motor. No A/C. I have never used the headlights. I have never used the wipers. I find it hard to believe that the previous owner adding an electric fan would drain the battery every time I drive the car. I've never had a car like this................

The 100/120 amp "police" alternators are much bigger in size, require their own unique brackets and voltage regulator, and also the wiring harness is heavier duty to handle the higher amperage.

-
Back