OEM-style battery cables for slant 6?

-

DrillNFill

Reaction score
Hey all, Im trying to replace the old and frayed battery cables on my '70 Swinger slant-6. New battery too since its well on its way out. Trying to keep look as factory fresh and original as possible. I cant seem to locate any reproduction battery cables for a slant-6. I've tried Year One and Classic Industries and neither have any slant-6 specific cables.
I measured out the positive and negative cable lengths (~32" and ~30", respectively) in case I needed to use one of the "universal" cables they sell, but the universal positive cables they sell dont have the split ends at the starter like the factory ones do.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance =)

Dart engine large.jpg

I ordered directly from M & H (the people whi do the repro stuff for Year One) a positive & negative battery cable for my 65 Dart. They have all the technical drawing for 60/70’s Mopars. Compared to my trashed originals, they were identical. Ulf (@65dartcharger) also used a set of their cables in his award winning 65 DartCharger. I have a contact person and number filed away “somewhere”. As soon as I can find the info, I’ll pass it along

I have a contact person and number filed away “somewhere”. As soon as I can find the info, I’ll pass it along

Should anyone want the contact info, PM me and I’ll pass it along as I did to the OP. BTW .M & H is able to sell battery cables direct unlike their wiring harnesses due to the Year One contract.

Are you talking about a split, do you mean a terminal like this?
upload_2021-7-13_12-48-25.png

At least on the late 60s cars, this is the connection to the starter relay, and I think the otehr end was a ring terminal. Wire itself should be brown (this reproduction is black - incorrect)

probably the original from my '67
upload_2021-7-13_12-50-52.png

That wire was bundled with the starter cable from the battery.

This is a little more correct in that respect.
upload_2021-7-13_12-53-1.png

FWIW 1969 6 cyl cable routing
upload_2021-7-13_13-23-58.png

-
Back