Off centered clutch fork and TO bearing

-

RyanSipat

MoPar Nub
Reaction score
Hello, I have an A-833 4 speed and the centerforce throw out bearing is off centered towards the left. I aligned the centerforce clutch using the transmission input shaft, so pressure plate and clutch should be properly aligned. I haven't tried putting in the transmission yet with the bell housing and clutch fork attached, but I feel the alignment wont allow it.

21078157775_3c3bb51914_z.jpg

You might want to remove the ring and the weights from the clutch too. They get caught under the lip of the pressure plate from time to time. Center force admits they do nothing anyway.

Fork should be 12 1/2" long if you have a small block, 10 7/8" long if you have a big block. May be the angle, but did you make sure the fork is fully mounted/inserted onto the clutch fork pivot bracket?

You might want to remove the ring and the weights from the clutch too. They get caught under the lip of the pressure plate from time to time. Center force admits they do nothing anyway.

How do i go about this?

Fork should be 12 1/2" long if you have a small block, 10 7/8" long if you have a big block. May be the angle, but did you make sure the fork is fully mounted/inserted onto the clutch fork pivot bracket?

I'll double check, but from what I remember, everything seemed quite snug. The previous owner did put a 318 in the car while the engine was on a stand if that helps my situation.

thanks
Ryan

Look at the location of the spring clips in the picture. Looks like all the way into the fork. As the fork travels in and out the clips will ride back and forth in the radius.
Pull the fork back so the bearing is against the fingers. Pull the bearing to the right and see if it will center up without the clips coming off the fork.

Also check to see if the pivot point is correct for the car you are putting it into.
They are different clutch fork pivot points for A, B, & E bodies.
Brewer's will have a picture of the correct one on their website.

Daves69 is correct, I believe I was doing this with a 1/4 of a brain. The TO was just a bit too far into the fork. I also removed the weights from the Centerforce clutch. ONE last question, what nut sizes are the 340 engine mounts?

21065044570_9cb043b899_z.jpg

Hey Ryan, happy to see you got it!

The picture looks like a good spot to preset the shifter.

-
Back