Off Idle Hesitation

-
Here's a link to the instructions: http://www.malloryperformance.com/pdf/685_6851.pdf

It's a Mallory 685 ignition box. All I have to do is apply 12+ power to the yellow retard lead. The amount off retard is programmed via the front face touchpad and LED readout. Generally this is used to sense N2O activation and pulls timing out or as a high speed timing retard. I just found a use for me in my particular situation. If I add nitrous, I have already installed a 3 position switch. Up is retard, middle is off and down will only activate if the nitrous/fuel solonoid is energized.

Ah, I see. I already have the HyFire 6A box, so that's a no anyway. I'm mostly wondering if my ThermoQuad will compensate at all, as I wouldn't want to be running pig-rich if I leave the Rockies.

Ah, I see. I already have the HyFire 6A box, so that's a no anyway. I'm mostly wondering if my ThermoQuad will compensate at all, as I wouldn't want to be running pig-rich if I leave the Rockies.

You mean pig rich at higher altitudes and greyhound lean at lower elevations right? :)

I recall a company that was making carbs based on needs of people who by necessity have to drive in varied atitudes. It's been quite some time since I've seen that article and I don't recall the company name, but I do remember that they make blow-through supercharger carbs too.

Of course, fuel injection would be key. :read2:

-
Back