Off she goes

-

john dodge

downunder wonder
Reaction score
Well i have finally finished her...shes off to get her roadworthy certificate today then the new owners will pick her up tommorrow....
I imported this old girl last year out of so cal...rebuilt her mechanically...touched up the the paint...interior retrimmed...disc brake conv ..convert from 3spd stick to pb auto...it drives a treat....the new owners should have a lot of joy cruising in her downunder!...so onto the next...after the spring fling...

20180405_140607.jpg

20180405_140604.jpg

Beautiful.

Just out of curiosity what does it cost to import or export a car from/to Australia to/from the US.

I always wanted a right hand drive 56 Ford (I know, I know) pickup here in the US.

Man that is so ugly (from my wife) and so cool (from me) :) I'm glad it's still on the road. Over here most people would just trash it. Good for you, I'm sure the new owner will love it... I would :)

Beautiful.

Just out of curiosity what does it cost to import or export a car from/to Australia to/from the US.

I always wanted a right hand drive 56 Ford (I know, I know) pickup here in the US.
$3500.00 shipping $250.00 port entry fee,gst 10% of car price and freight etc, cartage to and from wharf...$500.00, cleaning and quarantine fees..god knows...etc etc .its not a cheap exercise...

Since I sold my VG Ute last year I have had the hankering for a VE Safari wagon, you see many of those for sale for a decent price?

-
Back