Off to get the back half and 10pt cage. do ya think they'll fit?

-

Bigredlid

Central Pa 17059
Reaction score
100_1141.jpg

Damn bro'! Is there enuff room for the rear end? That's going to look KILLER! PLEASE post pics when it's done.

I didn't do it cuz at the time I looked around and cars were going crazy fast on 10.5in tires but everytime I see a tubbed car with tires all tucked in real nice I wish I would have done it!

In reality I didn't want to go super fast anyway but the car is for ME and I should have done EXACTLY what I liked

I should AT LEAST mini tubbed it.

Make sure and tell the guy who does the cage to give you some breathing room to take the dash IN & OUT if you are going to do so.... I took my car in to the fab shop with the dash in it so he knew where the dash came out too but he only left a gnat's *** hair between it and the cage, I got it out... but putting in a nice freshly restored dash without scratching it is gonna be a *****!

Thats some serious MEATS!Your frame rails will be about 1 foot apart,will also be a biotch getting those wheels on/off.Good luck.

Holy Crap, why not just get one tire that goes all the way across like Fred Flintstone had?
seriously, that will be bad a--!

Depends on the height. I have back halved, narrowed, frames 24" apart, 33" diameter tubs; I will have to modify front lower opening to put 32" tall in it.

I love it! Go for the gusto. What size wheels and tires are those? I'm curious about the wheel backspacing.

Nice shop to btw... lift, tranny jack, even A/C. Looks well lit too.

Cool project!

yeah shops my dads. 24" frame rails. 15x14 pro stars x3.5 backspace, should make it easy(er) to get them on and off. tires are 29" tall 18" wide sportsman sr. i will be using the 8 3/4

they fit. were extending the wheel base maybe an inch so they fir in the wheel arch. gotta order the axles 39 inches from the back of each wheel to the other

yeah shops my dads. 24" frame rails. 15x14 pro stars x3.5 backspace, should make it easy(er) to get them on and off. tires are 29" tall 18" wide sportsman sr. i will be using the 8 3/4

Those are the same wheels I put on my car.

Attachments

• laborday06 200.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 194
  • laborday06 201.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 185
  • laborday06 202.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 180
Looks great but money wasted if your gonna use a 8 3/4, better step up to a Dana 60 if your running meats that big!

-
Back