Offenhauser 273 2x4bbl intake

-

moparmadduck

Reaction score
Hello folks, I was wondering if anybody here has seen one of these intakes i have before. It's an Offenhauser 273 2x4bbl intake. The bolt holes to attach it to the heads are @ a steeper angle than a 340 or 318 & the guy i bought it from said it's for a 273 ? The part # on it is 5488. Any of you folks know what year this intake might be ? Thanks...Roger:read2:

2x4 273 intake.jpg

This should answer all your questions (incl. the bolt angle):

Chrysler: 273 V8 thru 1965 Dual Quad Equa-Flow Manifold (5488)
[OFFY-5488] $516.15

Click to enlarge
1965 and Earlier Barracuda, Dart, Valiant 273 V8 Dual Quad Equa-Flow Intake Manifold

Works with AFB carbs only - No Holleys whatsoever, not even sideways.

Over fifteen years ago Offenhauser broke away from the old 180-degree and introduced a 360-degree design manifold which other manufacturers are now following.

You get full benefit of improved fuel passages on every single stroke, there is no down time with a 360-degree - your engine operates at full capacityall times. S0-called 180-degree manifolds operate on a part time basis due to the fact that one side of the manifold is down while fuel is delivered to the other side of the engine.

Exclusive plenum chamber design of Offenhauser 360-degree Equa-Flow Manifold wipes out flat spots in all RPM ranges. Gives you smooth . . . unrestricted fuel flow . . . continuously. Each cylinder receives equal fuel flow without interruption or oscillation. You get vibration-free smoothness and power rammed distribution through balanced efficency. Hands you more power off the line . . . a fantastic top end improvement. Dyno, Street-Strip Proven. Test results show a 20 H.P. increase at 6500 RPM over competitive manifolds.

Thru-1965, the 273 head had the intake manifold bolt holes drilled at a different angle than the other LA heads.

These intakes can still be purchased brand spanking new and in regular/normal/late bolt angles. I do believe 340/360 versions are still being made also.

These intakes are down right very very expensive new.

i thought maybe it would fit a 340..without modifing it..i don 't want to mess it up...so i guess i'll get rid of it...i bought it for the awwwwwwwwww cool factor. ...oh & i like the little emote grabbin gears & leavin rubber !!!

-
Back