offenhauser 4bbl 360 intake??

-

DartorDemon

Banned
Reaction score
I was at my buddy's shop the earlier today and he offered to give me an offenhauser intake for a 360 that he has sitting around. It would be going on my 340.

It currently has a 360 4bbl intake on it. Are offenhauser intakes good?

It depends on the model as to how well it will work for your engine. Offenhauser is quality stuff. I had a dual port 360 deg. on a 360 on my '77 pickup with a mild 360. Great for torque. I had a Port O Sonic on a 340 and it was great above 2500 RPM. But hey, for free...snatch it up!

Agreed, alot depends on what intake he's giving you and what your doing with it.

ok, then ill run by there and get the numbers off it and see what can be done.

I just remember the striking features of each port having a |+| of design so that it was like each port had 4 small ports within it.

You mean, each port was divided in half.

Dual port. I'd leave it behind.

You mean, each port was divided in half.

Dual port. I'd leave it behind.

split like this:

hrdp_0712_03_z+manifold+offenhauser_dual+port.jpg

The thinking was a 2 intake manifolds in 1 set up. Both single plane. The primary is a narrow port, single plane with a high veloity idea behind it. The secondary side is the same idea just seprated completely. When the secondary side of the carb kicks in, the idea is the intake operates as a single plane intake.

It is an attempt to create a intake with a higher RPM spread and performance band. The small narrow primary side, even though a single plane should provide enuff low end, high velocity air speed to act well down low while the secondary side completes the rest and extends the RPM band as a single plane would.

The RPM takes this intake to the museum.

-
Back