Official Introduction

-
Ok I lied. I cant sleep at all so I figured Id do my best to get a few more pics of my oddball Dart.

IMG00153-20120502-1402.jpg

IMG00150-20120502-1400.jpg

IMG00150-20120502-1408.jpg

IMG00152-20120502-1401.jpg

And of course the new wing

IMG00151-20120502-1401-1.jpg

Fun read! I love seeing a no budget build for once, its coming along surprisingly well. I'm glad you got rid of the hub caps and went all rim, looks meaner that way. And welcome once again even tho you've been here longer than me haha

Thx for the support man. Aside from maintenance parts and fuel if I don't have it already or can't fan it then I don't need it

Few updates to share. havent done a whole lot to the car really aside from installing the new floor shifter in it and shaving down the hood some. Im in the market for a good 75 hood btw if anyone has one thats close to me. The old one was so rusted in the center that I just jacked the hood skin from a truck and bolted it on as a temporary solution. Anyways I figured Id throw in some fancy photos to ease the gap in history.

Went on the Rt 66 Scavenger hunt here in Springfield with the wife..had alot of fun

Just chillin in the parking garage before we begin.
SUNP0078_zps4fedbcc4.jpg

Me standing in front of the visitors center.
SUNP0080_zpsd770bfe5.jpg

My fantastic wife.
SUNP0079_zps96693116.jpg

First Steak n Shake in Springfield always something good to eat.
SUNP0082_zpsd2cec1f5.jpg

Crosstown BBQ was one of the historical stops...Idk why really but the food is amazing.
SUNP0085_zps9669cb61.jpg

Pythian Castle was our next stop pretty big place
SUNP0083_zps0f77fea9.jpg

Stopped for a fill up at the Motor Inn Best Western
SUNP0089_zps74aa1b54.jpg

SUNP0086_zpsf0f409a0.jpg

YEAH RIGHT..I wish this were true

SUNP0092_zpsba48ba11.jpg

SUNP0093_zpse980da7f.jpg

Me again
SUNP0091_zps5794c63a.jpg

The award for visiting 6 places and getting signatures to verify was a neat Rt 66 magnet. The tourist center lady said we were the only couple to do the hunt in an actual classic. All in all a fun day.

Oh yeah a few days later this happened..but nothing you guys would be interested in.

SUNP0096_zps86ace294.jpg

"Best Under Construction Sept 2012"

SUNP0097_zps100baaee.jpg

Gonna get the shifter installation pics up as soon as I find my camera lol.

Ok so I did something today that is a BIG NO NO!! That being said theres a disclaimer.

Never..ever...EVER. Paint your car unless its been smoothed out and the body work has been meticulously done.....unless.....Its a nasty color and you just want it gone.

Furthermore Id just like to say that in pictures this car looks great..up close and personal..not so much. However keep in mind that I have arrangements for new body panels and a full sandblasting to be done in Spring so I really dont care how bad of shape the body is in at the moment. And at least it was done with a spray gun and not rattle cans.

Before: That nasty brown color that my neighbor swore up and down would look good on the car as a temporary solution and that it was "Metallic Bronze"...BS

P10-27-12_16171.jpg

After: Got some international Blue paint for cheap and took the car to a buddys...

P10-27-12_17031.jpg

Turned out alot better than I would have thought though

P10-27-12_17051.jpg

So before you critisize me with "You wasted money on crap!!" or "If you cant do something right then dont do it" Remember that Its going in for a full restoration this coming spring..and think of it this way..Fall seemed to have came sooner when I painted it brown..maybe blue is the answer for a quick spring lol.

lol yeah the scoop is my own design cut from a cutlass supreme trunk...its like a cowl had sex with a shaker its still far from done but I wanted something that was as off the wall as the dart itself
:hello2:.....welcome. ^^:D^^

Wish I could "find" one of those spoilers in YOUR price range. ;) BTW, CONGRATS on the trophy, I've never got one.

welcome aboard , nice one of a kind hood scoop, love the home made
not exspensive stuff
. cheers.

Heh..Even I admit a lot of the stuff I do is tacky..but then again it does keep cash in the wallet lol.

Hey guys...its certainly been awhile. Life got busy with getting married, car show, new job, and other things that I really didn't have time to be on. figured Id share a bit of the darts transformation.

THE END

-
Back