offset head dowel pins???

-

moparduster

Reaction score
I noticed that Moroso has some offset head dowel pins. They have .015 and .030. They clame better flow. Which would you use, the stock, .015, or the .030? Any info on these would be great.

Someone has to have some info on these

well all ur doing is moving the valve away from the cyl wall so maybe they just help with valve shrouding?? seems like if ma mopar wanted the head .030 off center they would have made it that way...

its for centering the cumbustion chamber over the cylinder during mass production they sometimes dont fit purfect at least that is what i was told at reath automotive many years ago

You need to find out where your heads sit in relation to the bores before you think about offset dowels! They will only help if there is a problem, if you do it wrong you could get block/ valve interference!

strip the block, bolt the heads on, roll the engine up side down, everything look good? (bet it does) save your money.

its for centering the cumbustion chamber over the cylinder during mass production they sometimes dont fit purfect at least that is what i was told at reath automotive many years ago

Used them for 340 "J" heads on a 273 HP years ago. I just used them to center the chamber on the bore as mentioned ealier. Nothing fancier than that. 1.88 intakes get pretty close on the little motor.

-
Back