Offset UCA bushings recommended?

-

robjkc

Reaction score
I'm upgrading to BBP discs on my 64 dart. Just wondering if I should go with the moog offset UCA bushings over the stock ones. I was told that you can get more positive castor which will make the front wheels track better. Just not sure they're worth the extra money. Thanks for the help!

I'm upgrading to BBP discs on my 64 dart. Just wondering if I should go with the moog offset UCA bushings over the stock ones. I was told that you can get more positive castor which will make the front wheels track better. Just not sure they're worth the extra money. Thanks for the help!

Yes. Moog 7103. Much cheaper than tubular upper control arms or adjustable strut rods.

But, is you dart power steering or manual?

If manual, you might not like the extra steering effort with 3-5 degrees positive caster.

But, is you dart power steering or manual?

If manual, you might not like the extra steering effort with 3-5 degrees positive caster.

Manual...you might have answered my question! I don't think I'd like the extra steering effort. Thanks for the help!

Manual...you might have answered my question! I don't think I'd like the extra steering effort. Thanks for the help!

The manual steering caster spec is probably negative caster. I would not use that spec or lower range of that spec. Modern radial tires are easier to steer than the original bias ply. Do like 1/4 to 1 deg postive caster and it wont wander or be darty on the highway as much. You should be able to get that with stock upper control arm bushings.

The manual steering caster spec is probably negative caster. I would not use that spec or lower range of that spec. Modern radial tires are easier to steer than the original bias ply. Do like 1/4 to 1 deg postive caster and it wont wander or be darty on the highway as much. You should be able to get that with stock upper control arm bushings.

Excellent...thanks for the great advice! You've saved me quite a bit of trouble and money.

-
Back