Offy Group buy !!! Intakes and Valve cover !!!

-
A great buy if you get them for the price listed !!! Unfortunately,or not,I already have 3 intake manifolds,and 3 sets of headers !!:blob:

I really want an offy 4bbl intake if the price is good! Maybe the valve cover too!

I'd love to check it out, but slantsix.org is not letting me log in...

I'd love to check it out, but slantsix.org is not letting me log in...
Here is what I copied and pasted on post #3 :

Dan has his Offy valve covers listed at $158.99 - part # 5284. This is the same price that we started at back in 08. Last time we ordered over twenty and got the price down to $144. Offy did a casting run just for us!

The only problem was that some of the polishing from Offy was not perfect especially around the bolt holes. Also the cover has no provision for pcv - have to do that yourself.SS- Dan has got a nice write - up to help solve that problem.

Again, if we have enough interest I will call Howell Automotive, AAA marine, and Dan and see what we can pull off.

If you search Offenhauser group buy? You can see the play by play from last time also Dan Marvin is mentioned in the slanted network.

Bought this Offy valve cover at the last .org group buy. Did the PCV stovepipe mod and had Leanna pretty it up. Most likely will buy another one (or maybe 2)

Attachments

• car stuff 010.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 392
I do from Don's "before" pictures, but they're on Billy's computer (I think / hope) -- I've had a couple hard drive crashes and am really not sure what's still around. I recall you can't see much of the inside mods due to the baffle cover but I've got some great close ups of the welding job. I'll see what I can dig up.

And Don, thanks for the mention. :-D I'm glad you're so happy with it.

I do from Don's "before" pictures, but they're on Billy's computer (I think / hope) -- I've had a couple hard drive crashes and am really not sure what's still around. I recall you can't see much of the inside mods due to the baffle cover but I've got some great close ups of the welding job. I'll see what I can dig up.

And Don, thanks for the mention. :-D I'm glad you're so happy with it.

Again Leanna,you are just awesome !!!And I understand about crashes,I just got my computer back from being fully restored.100 something viruses,but my anti virus program didn't even see them !!! Have I said how much I hate technology ? Anyway,pics would bee awesome so I can do this mod before I get my engine back !!!

It's a shame that Clifford doesn't have better customer service. Their manifold is way better.

Friday is the last day !!!!

Post subject: The Offy Group Buy IS ON!!!!!! (Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:17 am) Reply with quote
Called Dan and we have enough interest to go forward with the group buy!

Here is how it works:

1. Everyone will need to call Dan Marvin @ Exeter Auto Supply starting Mon. June 11 through Fri. June 15 to place their order. Phone number is 1- 559-592-2707. His business hrs are 8-5 California time.

2. Tell him you are a slant six forum member and you are interested in the Offy group buy. This gets you the discounted prices.

3. Have credit card # handy or discuss your method of payment with Dan. Remember NO PayPal.

4. He will need name and address for shipping and most likely your phone number as well.

5. All orders need placed by closing on Friday june 15 so Dan knows what to order and we can pin down when we can expect shipment.

Pricing again is:
2x1 intake $259.99 + ship
4bbl intake $249.99 + ship
Valve Cover $144.20 + sip

Thanks to all who made this possible. If you have any questions please let me know. By the way, Offy products make great Father's Day gifts (just in case the wife starts to complain)! Wink

With all due respect to Offenhauser, my allegiance is to FABO members so I'm gonna tell ya'll something.

Please keep in mind that their valve covers I've had in my hands are barely polished from the factory. The ridges are still full of compound and it looks like they made maybe three or four passes over a buffer before they stuck them in a box for shipment. The bolt recesses aren't polished at all, and the gasket rail and short ends are barely even shiny. If you want it to be a showpiece, it's going to take additional work from what you receive in the box.

Just my two cents. :-D

With all due respect to Offenhauser, my allegiance is to FABO members so I'm gonna tell ya'll something.

Please keep in mind that their valve covers I've had in my hands are barely polished from the factory. The ridges are still full of compound and it looks like they made maybe three or four passes over a buffer before they stuck them in a box for shipment. The bolt recesses aren't polished at all, and the gasket rail and short ends are barely even shiny. If you want it to be a showpiece, it's going to take additional work from what you receive in the box.

Just my two cents. :-D
Thanks for info !!!
But I heard that you can make them purdy !!!(65dartman offy looks great !!!)
Maybe I should have mine dropped ship to you directly.
Martin

Thanks for info !!!
But I heard that you can make them purdy !!!(65dartman offy looks great !!!)
Maybe I should have mine dropped ship to you directly.
Martin

Oh I can Martin, and I thank you kindly for the compliment. They're just a lot more work than they should be is all, especially for what you guys are paying for them.

Friday is the last day !!!!

Post subject: The Offy Group Buy IS ON!!!!!! (Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:17 am) Reply with quote
Called Dan and we have enough interest to go forward with the group buy!

Here is how it works:

1. Everyone will need to call Dan Marvin @ Exeter Auto Supply starting Mon. June 11 through Fri. June 15 to place their order. Phone number is 1- 559-592-2707. His business hrs are 8-5 California time.

2. Tell him you are a slant six forum member and you are interested in the Offy group buy. This gets you the discounted prices.

3. Have credit card # handy or discuss your method of payment with Dan. Remember NO PayPal.

4. He will need name and address for shipping and most likely your phone number as well.

5. All orders need placed by closing on Friday june 15 so Dan knows what to order and we can pin down when we can expect shipment.

Pricing again is:
2x1 intake $259.99 + ship
4bbl intake $249.99 + ship
Valve Cover $144.20 + sip

Thanks to all who made this possible. If you have any questions please let me know. By the way, Offy products make great Father's Day gifts (just in case the wife starts to complain)! Wink
Friday is the last day !!!

It's a shame that Clifford doesn't have better customer service. Their manifold is way better.

unless its stock/mild... the clifford with its bigger runners and plenum volume wont help a slightly modded, low tq motor... something thats built and being spun rpms, yes... the better manifold...

-
Back