Oh my God this site is the best!!!

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
I just want to sincerely thank all the people that chimed in to help me with my 4 speed problem in my 67 Barracuda. I was racking my brain and severly bummed when I couldn't get to the bottom of my shifter and transmission problems. Thanks to all the suggestions I found out that a $15.00 pilot bushing was wreaking havoc on my Barracuda. I just had the tranny rebuilt and up shifting as well as shifting into reverse was a nightmare. The pilot busing had about 7/1000's runout and was catching the front transmission shaft not allowing it to fully stop spinning. I found out the issue and had the pilot busing machined slightly larger and true and now the cars shifts beautifully. Thank you so much everyone for all the help.

Carl K

Maybe a mod should move this to general so everyone can see it?

Dude! Glad to hear you got help!!! I love FABO, whenever I see an A-body, i stop and recommend the owner to join up as the people here are so great and they have helped me out soo much!

Carl, you're finding out what the rest of us have known for years. I'm delighted your impression has been a positive one! We need more like you around here.

Now go shift that Cuda and make some raunchy tire marks we can all be proud of. :-D

-
Back