Oh no,found another one

-
yeah i think 500 would have been good for the seller .......i got my 74 and a 73 complete cars for 500 each

both have a weack frame tho but still it was complete original so......

Well I made a trip to check the Barracuda out more and possibly buy it. Well it is a 1969 car,and started out as a 6 cylinder. I wrote the vin down and snapped a pic of it plus the side markers were patched over. The inner fenders were taken out,the trunk floor is just a flat piece of sheetmetal with a fuel cell sitting on it.

There was no engine,tranny,driveshaft or the center section on the rear. They put a piece of cardboard bolted to the 8-3/4 housing(which I already knew fromthe last time). It has some homemade sub-frame connectors too.

I was kind of thinking of offering $1,000 for it until the more I looked at everything and gave more thought into it,I decided to go less than that. Well I was getting ready to leave and the son showed up and asked him the price and he said it really is his dad's and he wants $2,000 for it. Well it looks like it's been sitting there for a long time and think they would see it rot than sell it less. The son did say they bought it from a guy who drag raced it,so maybe not all the "work" done was by them. They used to race it at 75/80 dragway,Mason Dixon,Capital,South Mountain.

My question for you guys is,is $2,000 resonable for it? My opinion is No,and can't justify spending that much on a rolling shell. In my opinion,yes I think the car has potential if redone over.
Anyway the more I thought about my car projects I want to get finished,I decided don't want it. Even $1,000 I would have offered,I saved and can go to one of my Demons.

If anybody is interested in it, I do have the fathers phone number. Just shoot me a PM.

I could see justifying $2-k if the car had all the trim and fixin's were intact, but just the shell, no way.
I think the seller is hoping some gung ho kid will grant them their asking price.

Although....parted out this car may be able to fetch $2-k.

There is one of those Fish for sale at a car lot near my house.............

Did you happen to see the patch of "wacky weed" they must obviously be smoking??? 2K for that car is way out of line. Check out the pictures for all the angle iron and cobbled in crap, then tell me where the 2K is??? $200.00 for the rear window trim, and you'd be lucky if the rear was an A body one!!! I was thinking $300.00!!! Good move on the pass, although I would have told him he has a standing offer with you for $500.00, you'd do alright getting it for that!!! Geof

Did you happen to see the patch of "wacky weed" they must obviously be smoking??? 2K for that car is way out of line. Check out the pictures for all the angle iron and cobbled in crap, then tell me where the 2K is??? $200.00 for the rear window trim, and you'd be lucky if the rear was an A body one!!! I was thinking $300.00!!! Good move on the pass, although I would have told him he has a standing offer with you for $500.00, you'd do alright getting it for that!!! Geof
Yeah ,I told the guy that I could be interested in it,and will think about it. It seemed like a good excuse. Didn't want to hurt his feelings by laughing at what they were asking for it.

-
Back