OH OH, I broke it!

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The wife and I went out for a cruise today. Not 10 minutes out the engine started popping and I was down on power. I limped home as it was not to far away. There was a lot of noise out of the drivers side valve train. I pulled the valve cover and found a roller rocker sideways, a bent push rod and a worn rod guide. These are Crane roller rockers on a Magnum head. I think the guide wore out allowing the rocker to get sideways enough to fall off of the valve stem and then the push rod bent. The stem does show a few marks. Now I have to find some replacement parts. Here are a couple of pics. One pic shows my new pretzel and the other shows the rocker. It is hard to see but the damage on the rocker is on the lower side and it nicked the roller.

Jack

1.jpg

2.JPG

what does the guide measure? as that is probably not the problem. Usually that problem is: too much clearance between lifter and rod.

Sorry to hear that, but they are moving parts, ***** bound to happen, i would make sure everything is good & not binding on that valve.

sorry to hear about that Jack, i hope your re-build goes well for you, and that you find the replacement parts

Since you had your wife with you I suspect that you wasn't beating the crap out of mustangs and cameros.. LOL.

Good luck on the fix.

Thanks for all the good wishes and sarcasm guy's. That's what makes this place great. What makes it even greater is guy's like dgc333, Dave has offered to send me the replacement parts I need, free of charge. Daaamn, this place has some great people.

Jack

-
Back