Oh s#!t!

-
Summit sells the adjusters w/ jam nuts for $30 something dollars. Bought some for 273 rockers a few mo. ago.

Poorly heat treated/low grade steel/lacks quality control
Look how the bolt fractured cleanly.

Agree. I'm not a metallurgist, but do have an MS in Mech Engr. I imagine they harden the metal surface so it wears better, using induction heating or such. Perhaps they heated too long so the whole body became hard and brittle, as another post suggests. Otherwise, they might have used poorer metal, more like cast iron than malleable steel.

Regardless, it shows poor design or quality control. If Crane brands it, they are totally responsible, even if from a Chinese factory.

Obviously they had a problem, but he promptly agreed to send me a new set shipped to Brazil for free. He didn't even asked me for a purchase receipt or warranty. There's no much more companies doing this today.

I had the same thing happen on another cheaper brand. I had 2 broken ones, I called, they said they would send replacements for the broken ones free of charge or send me a whole set for 15$. I told them to just send me the replacements for the broken ones and they sent me 3 free. I am not running them at the moment though, they are in a cabinet in my shop.... someday I may put them back on...

Glad they took care of you! Good to hear a good ending!

-
Back