Ohio Newb

-

Beardart

Reaction score
I've been on many Mopar forums over the years (including the old MML) but never knew about this A-body forum. Great stuff!

We're an all Mopar family (see sig), but my relevant auto is a B5 Blue '69 Swinger 340, 4-spd. I bought the car in Cheyenne WY in 1985 and had the interior and exterior redone in '88. I showed it for quite a few years as we moved from state to state with the USAF, but we're happiest hitting cruise nights and the drag strip. She still looks very good (for 19 year old paint) and is still capable of street legal high 12 second ETs. The motor was built by the previous owner in 1983 and hasn't been apart since. She's good and loose: P&P X-heads, TRWs, DC .508/292 cam, M1 dual plane etc. The frame is tied and out back it's all S/S with springs, long shocks, and an adjustable ps attached to the stock 8 3/4 housing filled with 4.56:1 gears. Appearance wise, she looks pretty stock sitting on 15x5 and 15x8 body colored steelies wrapped in Diamondback skinny redline radials up front and 255/60-15 redlines out back (27-10.50 Hoosier QT Pros with redline port-a-walls for the track) with correct dog dishes. I dream of one day building a big inch, high hp stroker, but my existing 340 has been (and still is) so incredibly reliable it'd be a shame to change her.

I look forward to enjoying everyone's company.

Hi Mitch, and welcome to the site. Good guys around here. Sure hope you enjoy :wave:

pic4.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

Welcome Mitch. Glad you found us and I am sure you will enjoy.
Just jump on in and make your self at home.
sound's like you take good care of your car and some one built it right.
Lets take a peek at it.

63g resized.jpg

welcome. Sounds like a nice car. Would love to see pics of it. Yeah I am all Mopar too. Wouldn't have it any other way

-
Back