Oil accumulator line size?

-

Bad Shrimp

Reaction score
Purchased Moroso Oil Accumulator and hardware. When I first read the instructions they said "use -8AN stuff, it will be sweet".

Now that I have bought all -8AN line and hose ends, I just re-read the instructions and it now says "All oil lines should be made up of -10(5/8 ID) hydraulic high pressure hose".

I'm assuming the -8 stuff that I bought will reduce flow etc, but is it a deal breaker? If I use the -8 gear will I be creating a large problem for myself? (440 engine)

(my plan was to run the -8 hose/-8 hose ends from oil pump->remote oil filter->oil cooler->oil accumulator->back to oil pump etc. etc.)

Thanks in advance

Bad Shrimp

I use -10AN. Remember if there is a problem, you want the restriction to getting the oil back into the system to be the passages in the block... Not the line from the accumulator.

I may be learning something here. The accumulator is to keep oil pressure in the event of a problem? I always thought they were to prevent dry start up.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like i'm going to need to switch it over eventually, prolly sooner than later. I guess I should read instructions a lil' more often rather than "just look at the pictures" lol.

-
Back