Oil accumulator location?

-

69MOPE

Reaction score
Does anyone have their oil accumulator located close to the driver seat? And does NHRA have rules about it?

No and probably.
Routing any lines through the passenger compartment is just a bad idea........legal or not.
Brake......maybe. Fuel and hot engine oil is a " what are you thinking ? " deal from my chair.
I hung mine on what was left of the inner fender and the hood closes just fine......it is a 3 qt.

Attachments

• IMG_2932.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 205
i have mine right next to me i never have had a problem, Have you ever done a capacity check, i get about 1 1/2 - 2 qts in mine, Moroso says it will not hold a true 3qts because of the charge pressure

I am trying to limit hood opening and closing because it is a lift off. It just came to me to put it under the hood but have some kind of inside control cable etc.

I went with the solenoid on this one and it wasn't cheap , but truly is the cat's *** for ease of operation.

The one in my Valiant is mounted to the roll cage, right behind the seats. See photo. It's not ideal for me. I'd rather move it back under the hood. Maybe sometime down the road I'll move it. Dunno about NHRA. The car is built for going around corners.

Attachments

• 13 (2).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 178
The one in my Valiant is mounted to the roll cage, right behind the seats. See photo. It's not ideal for me. I'd rather move it back under the hood. Maybe sometime down the road I'll move it. Dunno about NHRA. The car is built for going around corners.

EXACTLY, circle track cars run 5 gallon oil tanks behind the driver seat inside the car and nhrsumthin says an accumalator with 3qts inside the car is a no no lol.

I am trying to limit hood opening and closing because it is a lift off. It just came to me to put it under the hood but have some kind of inside control cable etc.

Go with the solenoid. It makes it super easy to use.

Go with the solenoid. It makes it super easy to use.

The canton model has an optional cable that the driver can control the accumulator from the drivers seat. Saw it at summit racing. Cheaper than the solenoid deal.

Duane

I run the Canton up inside the passanger's fender on the E body. Not sure if it would fit on an A there though. I wouldn't want it in the driver's compartment in any form.

That's a big no-no for NHRA. Also cannot be mounted outside the frame, so I think under the fenders is out also.

-
Back