Oil change

-

SkaggsMan

Reaction score
I know I know......

Do you put the oil in the same tube you use to check the oil in a slant six.
My wife's dodge journey, their is a obvious cap to add the oil, but all I see on the ol' slant is oil filter, oil dipstick, and the tranny stick.

:-k could a pro tell me how?

" believe it or not google didn't have the answer"

Goes in the top of the valve cover.
Depending on year,there is either a push on pull off breather or a twist off cap.
Take it off and pour it in.

Shut the hood, back away from the car, take it to dealer(they will have never seen one but will know how to put oil in)

Shut the hood, back away from the car, take it to dealer(they will have never seen one but will know how to put oil in)

Thank you mcnoople for all your wisdom,

But honestly I did not think you would pop the oil breahter off and dump strait into the valve cover.

Thank you mcnoople for all your wisdom,

But honestly I did not think you would pop the oil breahter off and dump strait into the valve cover.

Yup, that's exactly it. Easier than you thought! Got any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

whatever you do, learn it all here and dont stop asking questions, a dealer will do nothing but rape your wallet , and you will learn ZERO about your car. there are no dumb questions, dont let one smart *** remark deter you from diving right in

whatever you do, learn it all here and dont stop asking questions, a dealer will do nothing but rape your wallet , and you will learn ZERO about your car. there are no dumb questions, dont let one smart *** remark deter you from diving right in

x50!!

The Dealer mechanic might not figure it out either, but they would probably charge you for no oil change and not tell you. And stay away from tranny shops, since some seem to hold people's cars hostage until you pay for some made up problem.

And stay away from tranny shops, since some seem to hold people's cars hostage until you pay for some made up problem.

Not all of them. Before we do anything unscrupulous, we'll shut the doors.

The Dealer mechanic might not figure it out either, but they would probably charge you for no oil change and not tell you. And stay away from tranny shops, since some seem to hold people's cars hostage until you pay for some made up problem.

I'm expierienced with bad tranny shops...cracked the pump...so I had the pump relaced and opted for "total rebuild"...to make the story short I got new front + rear seals + they "spray can" cleaned the housing...blew first time I ran it hard...

Welcome ScaggsMan from the low country. Any questions you have, no matter how basic, we'll be here to help you.

-
Back